I don't know why I bothered to give this place a second chance after the first disastrous visit about 3 years ago. Suffice to say, we were on Broadway and dying of hunger on one of Vancouver's icy rain days, and hot pot sounded good.
It was terrible. The food was not at all fresh, and due to this, when we got home, my boyfriend headed straight to the washroom. We went here for dinner, and we had had nothing since brunch at 10 am on that day. My boyfriend had his head over the sink by 9 pm, so it could only have been the food we had there. At first, the vomiting and diarrhea suggested food poisoning, so we called our friend who is a family doctor, and he advised that my boyfriend stay home, drink plenty of liquids and rest, and eat nothing heavy. He also had Imodium and some other medicine supposed to sooth your stomach. . However, after three days, he was still feeling terrible and worse, he was starting to get feverish at nights. Finally, I convinced him to go to the clinic in Brentwood mall, where they did a stool test and we found out that he came down with a case of parasites.
It took 10 more days of medication and an entire work week of staying at home before he fully recovered.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.