“Just the most awful place ever”
Review of Posh

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: South Granville
Neighborhood: South Granville
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I don't know why I bothered to give this place a second chance after the first disastrous visit about 3 years ago. Suffice to say, we were on Broadway and dying of hunger on one of Vancouver's icy rain days, and hot pot sounded good.

It was terrible. The food was not at all fresh, and due to this, when we got home, my boyfriend headed straight to the washroom. We went here for dinner, and we had had nothing since brunch at 10 am on that day. My boyfriend had his head over the sink by 9 pm, so it could only have been the food we had there. At first, the vomiting and diarrhea suggested food poisoning, so we called our friend who is a family doctor, and he advised that my boyfriend stay home, drink plenty of liquids and rest, and eat nothing heavy. He also had Imodium and some other medicine supposed to sooth your stomach. . However, after three days, he was still feeling terrible and worse, he was starting to get feverish at nights. Finally, I convinced him to go to the clinic in Brentwood mall, where they did a stool test and we found out that he came down with a case of parasites.

It took 10 more days of medication and an entire work week of staying at home before he fully recovered.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We had a gathering with friends here for lunch and I have to say its a nice place! We had the all- you-can-eat hotpot and we got some interesting drinks (grapefruit and 7-up, which tastes like fresca; leechy and grapefruit, which tastes like hubba bubba bubble gum...) The food was great... there was a giant selection of veggies and meat and noodles and the broth was a sweet soy flavour... very good! I didn't understand the raw egg dip and I didn't go for it, I don't think many people went for it either, but it was still pretty cool.
This place is decent for all you can eat hotpot and the idea is pretty unique! Recommended!

Reviewed May 13, 2011

I loooooove this place! All you can eat sukiyaki with fresh meats and veggies. You cannot go wrong with the price, food or service.

The only downside is that I tend to overeat because it's so delicious. This is the only reason why I only go to Posh twice a month. =(

Reviewed December 30, 2009

Last week, I came to this place with two friends out of town. They were visiting from Asia and it was our gettogether weekend. The place was packed, luckily we had reservations and was seated fairly quickly.

For 15 bucks, we were stuffed, great meals, good price. The only setback was that service could of been better if they had more staff. Aside that, for the deals they put out, I can see why it was full

Reviewed October 3, 2009

The ambience was really nice, and the food was alright as well. The customer service however, leaves a lot ot be desired. Half way in our meal the waitress came over and told us that there was a reservation in five minutes and we had to leave. Whereas I understand that reservations are important, being given a 5 minute warning was pretty upseting to us.

To make matters worse, as we were on our way out, the manager came over and asked us why we didn't tip. I have always been under the impression that tipping was voluntary, and a sort of "thank you" for good service - and not something to be confronted about if you don't.

I've never had such treatment at before.