“Worst Service”

Tue, 7/23
8:00 PM
Ranked #9 of 4,291 Restaurants in Vancouver
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: A Vancouver institution for the last 15 years, Glowbal has been one of the most popular West Coast, Steak and Seafood restaurants in city. Outstanding food paired with a great atmosphere, a comfortable setting and memorable service, Glowbal's vision is to treat everyone as if they are a guest in our home.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went to dinner with a couple girlfriends on January 21st and had the worst service ever. Upon being sat the server poured water for two of the three of us. We waited 15 mins for our server who told us he would be with us in just a moment. We waited and the server never returned we had to ask another staff member to send our server over as we were ready to order. To our confusion another person introduced himself as our server and took our order and did not return to our table until the end of our meal. They failed to preset our table with the proper cutlery, we had to eat our pasta dishes with only a fork. I was so fed up waiting and trying to get a servers attention that I no longer wanted to eat my dish as it became such a struggle to eat. We wanted to order dessert but we all got so fed up with waiting that we asked for the bill. We ended up waiting another 15 minutes for the server to return to take our payment. I would not recommend this establishment to anyone. Very disappointed in the service.

2  Thank sandygilll
GlowbalMaitreD, Manager at Glowbal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to supply us with details of your recent visit. From what you have described, it is clear that we failed to provide the standards of service we pride ourselves with not only once, but throughout your dining experience, and for this, I would like to extend a sincere apology.
Please be assured our Management team is following up with the team members involved as to avoid similar situations and slips in service in the future.
If you would like to contact me directly, it would be my pleasure to personally invite you back to Glowbal to receive the hospitable and memorable experience that all of our valued guests deserve.
I can be reached at jmatusicky@glowbal.ca.

Joey Matusicky
Maitre D'

Write a ReviewReviews (1,353)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wandered in here by chance over Father’s Day weekend where they were only serving a buffet brunch in honor of Father’s Day. It was the most excellent buffet ever. A wide selection of carving stations, fresh seafood, pastries, egg dishes (the benes were perfect), and paella?? Who serves paella on a buffet? Glowbal does and it does not disappoint. Recommended to anyone who loves to do brunch.

Dear Guest,

It is nice to hear that you wandered in the right direction and visited us on Father's Day. Our brunch is rated one of the best in the city for special occasions and I am glad to hear that you were utmost satisfied. We also have an amazing ala carte brunch menu on weekends with special eggs benedict pricing at $12 - best in the city!
please visit us again.
take care,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was taking some clients out to dinner in Vancouver and someone suggested Glowbal. As a Chicago guy, I took the suggestion - and I'm so glad I did!

The clients were impressed with the place and several of them had never heard of Glowbal - they're all going back!

The server was wonderful (I think her name was Veronica). We were talking work stuff and she checked back to see when we wanted to order anything - she never rushed us and she just had a great way of checking in to see if we needed anything.

We ordered a variety of food and we were unanimous in our happiness with the wonderful food. The drinks, appetizers, main courses - all wonderful.

I highly recommend it to anyone visiting Vancouver, CA!

Dear Guest,

Well it seems that you were pointed in the right direction and it is so nice to hear that you were thoroughly impressed. Veronica is such a pleasure to work with and it seems that she hit all points of service with everyone enjoying the food and drinks! We are lucky to have such an amazing patio in downtown Vancouver which is easily accessible in the downtown core.

Hope to see you again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were meeting a friend from out of town and decided to go to glowbal. We sat down on the second floor by the window and we enjoyed a very leisurely dinner with no rushing from the staff.
Jenny and Vahid were very knowledgeable about the food and wine list. We would definitely return.

Date of visit: April 2019

Dear Sophia,

Thank you for choosing us as a place to dine with your friends from out of town. There are many areas of the restaurant of which can be extremely busy and it is nice to hear that you found your table on the mezzanine where you could take your time and relax while being taken care of by Vahid and Jenny. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Take care and see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited Glowbal with friends Friday after work. The atmosphere was very posh, yet comfortable and fun. The patio felt like we were in a garden with great views of the street. The food was delicious! And the drinks satisfied every craving. Our server Yomi was very attentive and personable. I will definitely be back and recommend Glowbal to my friends.

Dear Guest,

Glowbal has always been such a great meeting place with friends and no better way to start your weekend! We are glad to hear that your time was most enjoyable and having Yomi as a server, she is a true passionate professional. Thank you for your visit and recommendations and please visit us soon.

Have a great long weekend,