“Halibut and skewer platter yum!”
Review of Glowbal

Glowbal
Reserve a Table
Wed, 7/24
8:00 PM
Ranked #10 of 4,293 Restaurants in Vancouver
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: A Vancouver institution for the last 15 years, Glowbal has been one of the most popular West Coast, Steak and Seafood restaurants in city. Outstanding food paired with a great atmosphere, a comfortable setting and memorable service, Glowbal's vision is to treat everyone as if they are a guest in our home.
Reviewed May 8, 2018

Our first time at Glowbal was for brunch a few weeks ago and we knew we wanted to return soon. Our second visit was this past Saturday (May 5) for dinner before the symphony. Zach provided great service (friendly, not pushy, attentive, not overbearing) and Megan supplemented the service with attentive class. I like that our cutlery was replaced between courses and our napkins folded when we went to the bathroom; great team work. The wine list is extensive. There are some big serving size options for steak (tomahawk). The atmosphere is interesting and classy. The halibut special was fantastic. The satay platter is also recommended (great appetizer for 2). The smoked fish chowder was excellent.

Date of visit: May 2018
Megan O, Manager at Glowbal, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words!

We look forward to hosting you again soon,

Megan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,354)

Reviewed May 7, 2018

I've come here twice for lunch within a week. The first time I had the lobster grilled cheese - it was a smaller sandwich than I expected and not super tasty but did come with delicious fries and a salad with not flavorful dressing. Our server was friendly and very good at engaging in conversation.
The second time I had calamari which was delicious and avocado toast which was also so good. For dessert I tried the Zeppole al Cioccolato which I didn't love - it was very crispy and basically a round, hollow donut with chocolate sauce inside. It tasted fine but it's not something I'd usually like - I just didn't read the description carefully.
Service again was good - this time we had someone who talked less (which I appreciate) but was still friendly and pleasant.
I would come back again and try some of their other items, including brunch!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 5, 2018

The food was Delicious and our particular server was so outgoing and entertaining. We had a large table, 10 people. Service went very well. The sablefish was great along with all of the other dishes. No one was disappointed.

Megan O, Manager at Glowbal, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback! We look forward to hosting you again soon. :)

Reviewed April 30, 2018

We went to eat here with another couple on a Saturday night. The restaurant was busy, but not crazy. We sat in the back room of the restaurant. The ambiance was nice, suitable for a nice date or celebration. Our server was very attentive and he knew a lot about the dishes and wine served. We had some cocktails to start and they were all very good. The bruschetta that we had as an appy was okay, not a lot of flavour. 3 of us chose pasta dishes and my husband chose the paella. My rigatoni dish was ok, the person that had the pappardelle said it was amazing, as was the paella. The wine list was pricey, but good. We shared the brulee for dessert, again it was okay, but not a lot of flavour.

Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

Had a reservation for 10:45 pm and after 5 minutes inside the restaurant, the waiter came to me and said that it was the last call for food. How can a fancy restaurant like this take reservations 5 minutes before closing? The restaurant was empty and I don’t know how, part of my food was cold. It was a very disappointing experience and I definitely won’t come back. The waiter (Istvan) was very friendly and helpful though.