“Worst Service I have Experienced on the Planet”
Review of Olympia Restaurant

Olympia Restaurant
Ranked #437 of 3,776 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Canuck in Mexico
“Worst Service I have Experienced on the Planet”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I like to think I am a seasoned traveller. Seen everything. Experienced the worst service possible. This restaurant set a new standard for futility.

Five met for dinner at 7:30

In the 45 minutes plus between placing our order and me checking on it, no one came to the table, not even to refill water. No one even looked our way.

After canvassing the other 4 with me, they agreed I would check on the food, as other people who had arrived in the restaurant after us had actually eaten and left!

I spoke to the supervisor. She disappeared into the kitchen, never to return.

No one came to update us.

Ten minutes later the waiter arrived with 4 of our 5 orders. He served them and walked away. Not a word. The 5th order was the simpliest. Could have been prepared in 3 minutes.

Another at our table then asked the manageress if we could have more water and our 5th meal. She nodded, spoke not a word, then walked away. 5 minutes later the waiter brought the meal, no water.

Another request for water.

Waiter returned, filled our glasses. Not a word. Walked away.

Not one person checked on us as we ate our food.

During the 90 minute visit we had 3 different people attend our table. Combined they spoke less than 10 words.

We enjoyed each other's company, Our conversation punctuated by queries about how the place stayed in business.

As we paid, we discussed an appropriate tip. We rounded the bill up by 5-cents. We decided it was the compassionate thing to do.

The food was ok. The atmosphere ok. But the service and follow up were so bad the word failure does not do it justice. Fraudulent would be a better description.

Will I go back? No.

• Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
“Best Greek in Vancouver!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I love love love this little spot. The mousaka is one of my fav dishes and I do also enjoy the pizzas very much. The service is great and the overall ambiance is nice as well. If you are in the westend area, make sure not to pass this restaurant by!

• Visited January 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Denman favourite”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Wonderful atmosphere, great value, huge portions. My second trip, and I look forward to visiting again when in Vancouver.

Visited February 2014
“Consistent & delicious”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We have enjoyed our Pizza delivered and in restaurant for the last 18 years and find they are not only delicious but consistent in quality. this is a family style operation and they are very friendly and warm to their customers. they have an outdoor patio with heaters so you can actually sit out most of the year...it's quite lovely in fact. They also make a great Greek favourites ... equally great. their location is great too - you can always park at the Denman Mall if necessary. try it, you will like it...

• Visited January 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“The food and ambience are excellent!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I've going to Olympia for almost 3 years, and I always enjoy the food, and the servers are very friendly !! I will keep going over and over again, as I never get tired from it.

• Visited November 2013