“I'm wondering. If there can be a”
Review of DeaFined Restaurant - CLOSED

DeaFined Restaurant
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

Hiring job for me? I'm deaf and hard of Hearing. Thank:)
Thank. I had been trying to find contact with you...

Reviewed November 22, 2015

This is a once idea ( deaf servers requiring you to order with American Sign Language ) . The food , Mediteranean and heavily veg and GF , is quite good . I really enjoyed my lamburger , baba ganoush and humus . . Service was good . Price was a bit high but quantities were plentiful . However the room itself is quite and unnecessarily uncomfortable . It was very cold . The tables were too small and the chairs were unupholstered , old and unattractive . It seemed like an thrown together collection of old furniture in a bus station waiting room .

Reviewed November 16, 2015

I went to this restaurant in mid-October. My guest & I were pleasantly surprised by the overall experience. Our waiter was so attentive & although he was deaf, he MADE the evening for both of us. The food was delicious & service was excellent.

Reviewed October 13, 2015

This upstairs restaurant in the heart of Kitsilano has been transformed into a bright and airy, but warm space. It appears there is an outdoor area, but it was not open as it was a cool evening in October. The food was imaginative Lebanese fare. The service was very pleasant and encouraging of our effort to try some of the usual gestures in the deaf language. Such efforts are of course not mandatory, rather they are gently invited.

1  Thank MRE555
Reviewed October 13, 2015

DeaFined is situated in a roomy second floor space on Fourth Ave. in Vancouver's Kitsalano neighbourhood. It was easy to find free parking nearby. As a vegetarian, I always enjoy Middle Eastern cuisine which always offers lots of options. We chose to share baba ganouche as an appetizer, which had a rich flavour and creamy texture. The homous and fried potatoes at the next table looked very tempting as well. I enjoyed my ratatoille while my partner had the grilled salmon on spinach.

What made our dinner really special was the care and attention shown by our server, who was deaf. Indeed, this restaurant supports the deaf community by employing servers with hearing impairments and providing prompts to help the customers communicate by sign, as well as tablets, and paper/pencil. We noticed other diners signing away fluently, so assume this must be a welcome rendezvous for those who can't hear.