“delicious oysters and good service”

Rodney's Oyster House
Ranked #32 of 3,777 Restaurants in Vancouver
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Hong Kong, China
“delicious oysters and good service”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I first visited Rodney's in Toronto in the 90's and was impressed with their steamers and oysters. Since then, every time I visit Toronto or Vancouver, I always try to visit them at least once. I've never been disappointed in over 20 years. The place on Hamilton this time was packed but the service remained really friendly. Above all, the oysters were really delicious. A must try for oyster loving people visiting Vancouver.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent seafood and a fun vibe”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Having been to Rodney's a couple of times previously while traveling through Vancouver on guys-only fishing trips, I wanted to take my wife there during our stay. The title of this review sums up my experience this time as in the past. The seafood is great; it is very much a fun, happening, local scene; and it doesn't take itself too seriously.

• Visited June 2014
Austin, Texas
“Super Fresh”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

All I wanted for my birthday was an oyster dinner, and Rodney's Oyster House in Yaletown certainly delivered. The raw oysters were as fresh and delicious as any I have eaten, and the fried oysters I enjoyed for my entrée were magnificent. The pan-fried oysters were crisp but plump and juicy. And they were huge! Although we arrived fairly early on a Saturday (4:45), we still had a 45 minute wait. My only caveat about the place is that there is no room at the bar to wait for a table, so we had to leave and come back. Good service once we were seated and cold craft beer on tap. Since we made it for happy hour, the dinner was also quite a bargain. We had a great time.

1 Thank SKoll
Fairfax, Virginia
“The World is your Oyster @ Rodney's”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

It may be deserved, but I will surely get flak for this next statement. Rodney's is by far the best oyster house and my my favorite oyster house. And that coming from a Baltimore boy who spent summers on the eastern shore of Maryland as well as the Gulf coast of panhandle FL.

Perfectly fresh oysters. Kusshi, Duke, Malpec, Fanny Bay were but a few available the other day. All fresh. Freshly shucked. And expertly shucked.

They have their own line of sauces form a Shallott Mignonette which was magnificent to Poor White Boy Hot Sauce. 6 different types.

The Caesar was perfectly done, fresh lemon, hand made, but lacking in either Old Bay or celery salt on the rim.

The chowder was aaaaaaaawesooooooome

Sit at the bar. Alex was great. Knowledgeable and fun,.

Visited August 2014
vancouver
“great seafood, especially oysters but service sucks”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

With an all male service staff that thinks they can be as offhand as they like, the excellent food this restaurant service is compromised. For example, when I asked for a cocktail (I saw someone had a Caesar) I was told " You can ask for a cocktail but you won't get one here". They don't make them, strictly wine and beer and Caesars apparently, very strange marketing decision?? The glib and sarcastic waiter did nothing to enhance our dining experience. He came by and delivered food by quickly dumping it on one end of the table, leaving it up to us to distribute the dishes to the relevant person? He delivered a dozen oysters and walked away without giving us any of the condiments-we had to ask another waiter if we could have these in order to eat the oysters. He, at least, took the trouble to describe what the condiments were. In view of the arrogant and cavalier service this place is over priced! I will definitely go elsewhere in Vancouver for good seafood, even in Yaletown there are some excellent alternatives.