“small spot, good food”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: South Main
Reviewed February 28, 2013

this is a nice little Restaraunt. it's small and they don't take reservations so its a gamble with more than 4 people. being small it can be pretty noisy. service an the quality of food is quite good.

1  Thank adamandtaly1

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Making the trip from downtown was worth it (nt actually that far but with a baby in tow, seemed like an adventure).
The 5 of us all enjoyed our meals, great food, friendly helpful staff! Accommodated the babe and made us feel comfortable.... Didn't feel rushed as sometimes happens at breakie!

1  Thank MelCarv
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Passed this restaurant many times, thinking it would be a good place to try. We finally tried it on the recommendation of a family member who raved about it. We weren't disappointed.

It's a tiny place and doesn't take reservations, so we went early (5:30-ish) and were quickly seated by the front window. Service was friendly and competent, but the food, ... aah the food ... was ...sublime! Our party of four had the Caesar salad, duck confit, evening special of pappardelle with broccolini and NY steak (sliced and cooked perfectly to a juicy medium rare) and short rib rigatoni. The menu has enough choices to accommodate the adventuresome as well as the more conservative in any given party. They also have an interesting and varied wine list that bears further tasting.

What's impressive is that the food is exceptional, but the place is unassuming, warm and welcoming to a varied clientele. While there, we saw a couple with a young child, families of various ages, as well as groups of hip singles and couples.

Definitely recommended. We will return.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

After I ordered the braised lamb shank and finished my first course of delicious mushroom soup, the waiter delivered a plate of super-sized scallops to the diner at the neighbouring table. The four jumbo scallops looked so good I couldn't resist. I took my chances and asked the waiter if it's too late to change my order. He thought so but very good-humouredly checked with the kitchen. He came back and asked me what I wanted to change it to - when I said "scallops""he said,"Ï knew it!" and proceeded to let the kitchen know. It was worth the wait! The scallops were so delicious! My dining companions had the duck breast - perfectly done and the meat was very sweet. It was one of the best dinners I've had for a while and I would have given it a 5 star except that one of the diners had the lamb shank and it was a little dry. But that's one out of four.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Small place on main Street which doesn't take reservations but you have to go. Quite noisy and really crowded inside but if you get outside on a nice night it is very pleasant. Try the buttermilk fried chicken Cobb salad!! Good fries too.

1  Thank rusty49