“Excellent food!”
Review of YEW seafood + bar

YEW seafood + bar
Reserve with OpenTable
YEW seafood + bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 3,942 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Howe & West Georgia
Description: YEW seafood + bar is one of the city's premier seafood restaurants, delivering exceptionally delicious cuisine, great wines, innovative cocktails and a fun, welcoming environment for guests — all wrapped in legendary Four Seasons service. Perched at treetop level in Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, YEW's chic space, communal table and bar make it the perfect place to bring your social network.
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I went there for a party with some colleagues after the Vancouver Wine Festival. The food is really good. My favourite is theur scallops & pork belly, to enjoy with their white Châteauneuf du Pape Gardine.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I ate here recently and found their menu selection very limited. The meal was kicked off with a pale ale pint of beer for $8 which was ok, but a bit ovepriced. The lunch menu was very limited. I ordered the vegan tacos which were very mediocre and tasted like something you could make in your kitchen in 5 minutes. The only tasty thing about them were the tacos. The rest was pretty flavorless including the guacamole which you would never know it is guacamole except for looking at it. The chocolate mousse was gross. It was covered with some kind of nuts and canned diced peaches. It did not mix well with chocolate mousse. I felt very uncomfortable in the restaurant as the I kept getting leered at by the male staffers working there and they kept watching me eat like they were getting some kind of perverted thrill out of it. . I did not find the staff too professional. Three different waiters served me which I found very weird. The one who served the dessert looked like the town clown and so did his running shoes. I would not recommend this place. It was way overpriced all things considered.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

The food are good. We were expecting additional choices but the menu is quite restricted. The food quality is good but not exceptional.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

On February 4, 2014 four couples celebrated a birthday with a wonderful dinner in a great setting. I had earlier requested the best possible seating for 8 when I made the reservation and was pleased to see we had been given the wine room which comfortably sat our group.The advantage to this room is that it is possible to easily hear each of the other guests but the glass walls give you the feeling of being right in the restaurant which is most attractive in its design and its high ceilings.

We shared a seafood platter for four as an appetizer which consisted of both chilled & raw seafood with fresh local oysters, crab salad, humpback shrimp, albacore tuna, scallops etc. and the quality and presentation was excellent. Other appetizers consisted of calamari and salt and pepper wings which were both very good.

My sable fish entrée was excellent and my wife had a scallop and prawn dish with pork belly and white beans which she also enjoyed. Our other guests spoke well of the steel head entrée and one non fish eater gave the duck duo two thumbs up.

We finished with a complimentary chocolate mousse cake, coffee and tea and it was a wonderful birthday dinner. I've also enjoyed other delicious lunches on previous occasions and really recommend this restaurant which has a great wine selection.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

This place has mastered the art of customer service. From the moment the hostess took our jackets we felt like we were completely taken care of. Our server, David, was very experienced and extremely personable. He was also quite the comedian, he had us laughing on several occasions, which made the night even more entertaining.

The décor is beautiful, the atmosphere is very classy and the dress code seemed to be semi-formal or upscale casual. I would definitely recommend this place for a date night or night on the town.

The food is very good. I was impressed by some of the presentations. Although we had a set three course menu with 'Dine Out Vancouver' we were gawking at all the plates around us because everything looked and smelled delicious. Even the bread that is served before dinner is to die for, one of which has a smoked salmon flavour. The drinks were also perfect, the wine list is a little expensive, but we did find something we liked at a reasonable price. Lemon Drop Martini's before dinner are a must!

Overall, we were very impressed. We will definitely be returning!