“Great brunch”
Review of YEW seafood + bar

YEW seafood + bar
Reserve with OpenTable
YEW seafood + bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 3,915 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Howe & West Georgia
Description: YEW seafood + bar is one of the city's premier seafood restaurants, delivering exceptionally delicious cuisine, great wines, innovative cocktails and a fun, welcoming environment for guests — all wrapped in legendary Four Seasons service. Perched at treetop level in Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, YEW's chic space, communal table and bar make it the perfect place to bring your social network.
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the full event brunch here for our anniversary. Mini donuts with apricot jam to start were delicious. Clam chowder and spicy calamari. Seared tuna Niçoise salad. Shrimp eggs Benedict with brown butter hollandaise. All delicious. Lots to share with each other. Dessert included. I enjoyed the Chocolate mouse with caramel popcorn and homemade gelato and my husband enjoyed his apple tart with cheddar Icecream and hazelnuts. The 1/2 price bottle of wine was wonderful. Our waiter Jay was attentive without being intrusive. Will go back for another special occasion

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was not our first time at Yew, so we knew to expect great service, which we did indeed have.

Drink/cocktail menu was great and extensive.

My husband's meal, off the regular menu, was excellent.

I had the apple salad to start and the quinoa with smoked tofu off the vegan menu (I am vegan).

Apple Salad: yup, lots of thinly slivered apples and fennel. I'm guessing because the apple must be soaked in lemon juice, this was why the salad was quite tart. I was surprised that there was no lettuce of any sort to be seen. Apples, fennel, and maybe a tablespoon of hazelnuts. Didn't seem like a salad to me.

Quinoa and smoked tofu: I give credit to Yew for (what seemed to me) making their own tofu. It was very fresh. But it was not smoked in the least. Which was one of the reasons I chose this dish over the saffron risotto. The quinoa component was good. Something I could easily make at home. Which is not why we go out for dinner, is it?

So, regular menu=good. Vegan menu=don't bother.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Three of us quite by accident ran into the Yew lounge @ Seasons, for a "Happy Hour" appetizer/drink break in between shopping. Our server commented that we needed more pita bread as we had so much dip leftover. When we received our bill it was $4.00 extra for the pita bread. Felt this was wrong, should have been notified of the extra cost (we didn't even eat 1/2 of the extra bread). I would go back, just felt it was wrong to omit a cost when it was her suggestion.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was taken here for my birthday dinner and I can't wait to go back. Firstly we had to ring twice to push back our reservation (because I was taking too long to get ready) and they were so nice about it. All the staff always have a smile on their face and are so friendly. The food is AMAZING! Every dish was perfection, the texture, temperature and flavours were exquisite. At the end of the meal they brought out an extra dessert with Happy Birthday written on it and a candle which was such a surprise and so sweet. It was the perfect dinner out and I am already trying to find an excuse to go here again.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our original plan was to have cocktails while we decided where to dine. We had instead an excellent meal including dessert. The service was excellent and everyone was very friendly and helpful with recommendations.