“The spicy garlic ramen has made me irrational.”
Review of Kintaro Ramen

Kintaro Ramen
Ranked #237 of 3,945 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Robson Street
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you like spicy food, get the spicy garlic ramen (medium broth, lean pork) and a $4.85 beer from the Granville Island Brewery. I can't stop thinking about this ramen. After I had this, it was all I wanted to eat every single day. It topped any I had throughout Japan, which I did not think possible. I've lost all sense over this ramen. Get some!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We chose to go to this restaurant because every time we walked past it there was a huge lineup. The ramen was amazing. The positives: Huge portions, well seasoned food, and quick service. The negatives: Hot like hell (Although it was uncharacteristically warm that day in Vancouver), and cramped seating (We sat at a table with a hilarious group of traveling 20 yr olds, but it might not be fun if you're stuck with grumps.)
This is a no frills restaurant with great ramen, end of story.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We are staying a block away, and there is always a line outside, so we tried it. I am not normally an Asian food fan, but loved the broth and ramen. My non adventurous kids (age 9 and 7) ate it quite happily. We ended up sitting at the communal table and really enjoyed the neighborhood vibe.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

long queue even at 2PM doesn't really matter as of the good reviews.
love the miso ramen, good broth and decent size.
Just beware of the minimum charge per person! We were a group of 5 but we've ordered 4 ramen, 2 orders of dumplings and a soda!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had tried other Ramen places on our trip through the Pacific Northwest. The Ramen at this place exceeded our expectation. My wife, who had lived in Japan, felt as though she was back. The Ramen was simply outstanding - and so was the atmosphere!