“Worth it”

Cuisines: Japanese, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed November 18, 2011

As always, my friend who is a staff there saves a seat for me near the bar side where I can watch all the cooking process which it’s really nice. I love the ambience; the music is upbeat and very suitable for the kind of dining experience they offer. The service is, of course, as smooth as it can be. The restaurant is relatively small compares to most other one around so the server can always be around whenever you need them. The food is great too; they offer a unique dining style that isn’t popular like the Izakaya style around here. Overall I love this place and the way the staff there treat their guests. I’ve always left there, satisfied and that’s why I regularly go back. Strongly recommend this place for people that enjoy good food and a relaxing atmosphere.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

Been here multiple times, the food is absolutely marvelous. The waitresses there actually recognize us each time we come.

Service is great, never once had any complaints. Restaurant may seem a bit small, but once you sit down and start eating, you'll see what I mean!

Recommended!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have dined at Zakkushi's branch on Main Street several times over the couple of years since they opened, and we love it. The main thing here is the little barbequed dishes, incorporating kushiage with a large variety of other dishes, some "fusion" with cheese, all delicious. The service is excellent, but the place is always packed, so it is advisable to have reservations. And do check out the famous bathroom decor. Can be noisy, depending on where you sit, so ask for a booth.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Another restaurant we wanted to go to was full for the night so we came across this place instead... and so glad we did! It was a fun atmosphere, all decked out for Hallowe'en, and the food was truly tasty. We enjoyed a collection of grilled morsels of various meats. My favourite was the Memaki (garlic stubs wrapped with thin pork), but the absolute winner were the Onigiri (charcoal grilled rice balls).

Reviewed October 2, 2011

We went to Zakkushi for my daughter's birthday last week. This was her choice. The food on the whole was tasty but pricey but mostly we were very surprised at the slow service. We had ordered a cod dish and we had to wait for close to a hour. We were told that one of the waitresses accidentally gave the dish to the wrong table but that it would not be long. We continued to wait, and we finally said that we needed to go and that we are fine not have the cod we were told it would be a few more minutes. After 10 minutes it arrived. When we received the bill, I was surprised that we were charged for the item. I explained that I did not think we should be charged for the item since the wait for unfairly and unreasonably long. They did not reconsider but offered us ice cream instead. I explained that it was my daughter's birthday and that we had cake waiting for us and that the ice cream would not work. Also,5 ice creams exceeded the cost of the one item so it did not make sense to me. On the whole I was surprised and fine the staff person to be unprofessional. This is a restaurant that is in our neighborhood which is unfortunate as we will not be going there anymore.