“Delicious Food!”

Neighborhood: West End
Napa, CA
“Delicious Food!”
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We were surprised by how good this restaurant was. The food was so fresh and flavors were fabulous. I'm not usually a fan of Middle Eastern food bc it's always so salty and has too much garlic. Not at Nuba! I liked the subtle mix of flavors and the use of organic ingredients. The ground lamb atop the hummus was to die for! Really great service too, but wish the place was a bit bigger. We will definitely go back!

2 Thank FlyinSippinFoodie

• Korean first
Emerson, New Jersey
“Decent price for Yaletown”
Reviewed March 22, 2010

My wife and I were wandering around Yaletown and were looking for a place to eat. Pretty much every place we passed was a little beyond our price range. I had read somewhere about Nuba and thought we would try to find it. We had a little bit of trouble seeing it because it is not right on the corner but rather tucked back a little from the main road. Upon entering it took us a little while to find exactly what we were looking for. The restaurant really had more of a lunch type feel to it, but it didn't bother us. It actually was quite busy for about 8 at night. We got the only table left. I had the chicken tawook and my wife had the najib's special. My wife definitely had the better meal. The cauliflower was cooked perfectly and blended with the tahini it was amazing. My chicken tawook was very good as well. Just a few notes, this place is quite small so I'm guessing it fills up pretty quickly. Also, there are plenty of vegan and vegetarian options for those so inclined. Also the best part most meals are about $10, which is quite cheap compared with a lot of the fancier restaurants in the area.

5 Thank LandisD
Fort Worth, Texas
“A great experience - food and staff”
Reviewed February 22, 2010

We went to Nuba's in downtown Vancouver for an early dinner. Their wait staff were incredibly nice and offered a great assortment of very good Lebanese food. Probably the most unexpected but delightful courses we had was a tomato and pomegrante soup that was spicy and very delicious.

The rest of the dinner was just as tasty, including falafels with a spicy sauce on it that was quite something and great lentils.

We really enjoyed our time and for Lebanese, we felt it was one of the better establishments we've visited. I would highly recommend not only the food but also the folks that run the place. First class.

3 Thank baltoteach
Whistler
“Great place, food and staff are excellent”
Reviewed November 17, 2009

my friend who i was with recommended this place (the location near gastown) and it sounded good to me...
we had La Feast which is a vegetarian platter for two starts off with some hummus and baba ganouj with pita and then deep fried cauliflower, falafel, olives/fresh cheese, sauteed mushrooms and some spicy lentil thing. the falafel is amazing as was the cauliflower... if you're a veggie or if ur not... as im not, you'll love it. great friendly staff... would definitely go back sometime

2 Thank couloir17
Trumbull, CT
“Awesome dinner-highly recommended!”
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We found Nuba when looking for somewhere good to eat that would suit our family's allergies as well as vegetarian/vegan diets. Nuba fit the bill and impressed us in many ways. It is in the downstairs of a building under a cool-looking dentist office. The decorating is simple and very pleasant. We had a great bottle of wine with dinner and enjoyed the cucumber flavored water. Our favorite dish by far was the cauliflower, hard to explain, but we definitely recommend it! Our waitress was incredibly sweet and helpful. The night we were in town was very warm and we were told the overhead fans had been installed the day before-they were a very welcome, if not entirely effective addition. We loved Nuba and would go back anytime we're in Vancouver!