“Tasty food.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Cross street: Dunbar
Transit: From Downtown take the #4 UBC, #44 UBC, #17 UBC or #7 Dunbar from Downtown Vancouver to 4th Avenue and Collingwood Street.
Description: Locals love Aphrodite’s, a quaint Kitsilano café/restaurant and pie shop that is 100% committed to serving only organic food, with most items sourced from nearby organic farms and producers. The dishes are hearty and comforting, the room eclectic and inviting. What started as a small organic pie shop soon blossomed into a spacious spot that serves decadent breakfast, lunch and brunch. For those with dietary issues, fear not: the menu boasts a wide selection of glutenfree, vegetarian and vegan options. Local, organic wine and beer round out the experience. Aphrodite’s continues to rank as one of the top Brunch restaurants in the city, courtesy of The Georgia Straight’s Best of Vancouver awards. Kitty-corner from the restaurant is the pie shop where you can purchase one of their famous all organic pies or relax with a slice and a mug of their delicious homemade chai.
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Family enjoyed the trip here, but after ordering 2 pizzas and 2 burgers, 3 glasses wine and 2 bottles of beer, the $150 bill stung! It seems anywhere with a rep for tasty food in Vancouver really charge a premium, and cash in on it.
Good food, but poor value for money (unless you're used to the premium stuck on everything in this beautiful city).

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Awful, awful, awful customer service! Time and again, the staff either ignores you or – on those rare occasions when you can get their attention – treats you with a flippant, condescending attitude.

I work in the customer service field and I know how easy it is to be courteous and friendly toward customers, so Aphrodite's has NO excuse for this rude behaviour!

After the last incident (being hung up on) I have given up on Aphrodite's and will gladly give any of their competitors my business. If was the owner, I would be ashamed!

Oh, and their food is OVERPRICED and not very good!

NO STARS!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Great place for breakfast. I have the eggs benny every time and they're always a treat. Have yet to have dinner here but look forward to trying in the future. Great selection of desserts and everything is reasonably priced. Well worth it.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were lucky to be staying within walking distance of Aphrodite in Vancouver. There is a good range of menus for breakfast, brunch/lunch and dinner. As a coeliac, I was especially excited about the gluten-free pies; usually I miss out on fruit-based desserts.
We ate both brunch and dinner here, and had two great meals. It may not be the cheapest place to eat, but I felt prices were reasonable given the generous helpings and organic ethos.

We had good service on both occasions.
The pie is fantastic!

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We have eaten lunch here and it was fine, not great. BUT on Sunday night we had very slow service and the specials were awful. My wife had the salmon special and it arrived dryed out and my chicken was worse than burnt toast. The server did apologize and take it away and I just left mine on the plate. One could say it was random if it wasn't for the table of two ladies next to us, they also had the salmon with same experience but their server didn't handle it well and they were annoyed by the response. I would not recommend this place.