“Crap service”

Caffe Barney
Ranked #974 of 3,706 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Canadian, American, International, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: South Granville
Vancouver, Canada
“Crap service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

My friend and I were here for a late lunch. We were seated and our server took our order, without writing anything down on a pad of paper. Long story short, she completely messed up our order and we had to wait for our food to come back correct. My drink sat empty for the entire time we had lunch and I was never offered another. Part of my food came out cold, but since we were never quality-checked by our server and I was so hungry, I ate cold food. Also, no apologies for screwing up our orders. The restaurant was almost empty, so it's not like our server was overwhelmed with tables - that might have been understandable. There are so many great places to eat in this city, I don't think we'll be back.

• Visited June 2012

Saskatoon
“I Love This Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Unique cozy charm which I love way more than a chain or hotel restaurant. Pluses: Yummy yummy food (I had the omelette, my daughter the eggs benny), very reasonable prices, plentiful hot food, great service - busy but we got right in. Seeing the bar menu on the board I observed very reasonable drink prices. Negatives? None! We will be back!!

Visited May 2012
vancouver,BC
“Reasonable price for eggs benny”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

First time here, nice spot, a bit loud, not the restaurants fault, just noisy customers.
Service was good, nice selection of eggs benny, healthy or otherwise, I chose otherwise, bbq pulled pork benny, it was delicious! eggs got overcooked a bit though. Good value for $10, which included a side of hashbrowns.
One friend had the healthy eggs benny, with the shrimp, and the other had a very nice big healthy salad.
A great little spot along Main St.

• Visited April 2012
Vancouver, BC
“Quick and Delicious but needed more coffee!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

This weekend, we decided to meet our friend Kyle for brunch at Caffé Barney on Granville. (They don't have a website, but they're at 2975 Granville, and the phone number is 604-731-6446.) We have been there before, and remembered their huevos rancheros that are served in a skillet... but I digress. Back to the matter at hand.

As per usual, I started with orange juice, and both Catie and Kyle had coffee. In contrast to last week, neither were served in bottles. Kyle ordered eggs benedict featuring avocado, Catie the huevos in a skillet, and I the breakfast burrito.

Kyle's benny had suspiciously large pieces of avocado - perhaps a whole one had been used in its production - and hollandaise sauce that "tasted really good." The huevos were indeed served hot in a small skillet, covered with melted cheese and salsa. They would have been better if they had been served with guacamole and sour cream, but the fresh salsa was delicious. The toast was also a bit strange. Perhaps a tortilla would have been a better accompaniment, she says. As for the breakfast burrito, I quite liked it, except for the pieces of potato inside. I had the same fresh salsa as Catie, and the beans inside the burrito were quite tasty. Our meal, including food, drinks, tax, and tip, came to just under $55.

There is a bit of a low point, though, and that was the service. To be fair, they were very busy, but being handed a menu at the door and told to "go to the last table on the left, at the back, you'll see it when you get there..." was off-putting. We had been offered coffee refills when our cups were full, but when they became empty, no server with a carafe would make eye contact with us. Kyle had to beg for more before they would refill Catie's mug! Would we go back? Probably, as the service has been good in the past, but be forewarned!

Was this the perfect brunch? Not really, but it was a tasty meal and a good place to visit with a good friend. And the little skillet is cute!

• Visited March 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“Quick & Friendly Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

The service here was really good. The food was pretty average for breakfast. The menu had good variety. Seating was tight and it was pretty noisy. I wouldn't recommend it if you want a more private setting.

Visited March 2012