“Not excellent but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Italian Kitchen

Italian Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 3,705 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Burrard
Description: This crisp and stylish room is perfect for after work, or a smart business lunch, and offers the ultimate in fresh Italian fare in the heart of the downtown core. Family platters, inventive pizzas and regional Italian specialties combine with vintage wines and handcrafted cocktails to bring you a true taste of La Dolce Vita. Buon Appetito.
Kirkland, Washington, United States
“Not excellent but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

In Vancouver for a week, so this was the second restaurant we went to, its large, gives the feel of industrial restaurant. The staff was friendly, the wait staff were very very good in keeping the table attended to. The food quality was above the industrial grade Italian restaurants, the quantity seemed just about right, all people in the party thought their dish was well prepared.

• Visited November 2013
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Many thanks for joining us!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Richmond, Canada
“A Very Good Lunch At Italian Kitchen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Last Thursday, my mom, my brother, and I had lunch at Italian Kitchen. My friends were raving about it and I was just curious what all the hype was. It was worth the visit. We were greeted nicely by the hostess and we were given this very nice window side table at the second floor. We had a good server, Amy. She kept on checking in on us making sure that everything was okay. The food was very good. For appies we had the Burrata & Cherries and the beef carpaccio. The carpaccio was very good but in all honesty, I would have ordered more of the Burrata & Cherries and just bypassed the beef carpaccio since I always have that in other places. For the main course, my mom and I had the pasta platter for 2. Really big platter. Loved the pastas especially the one with the truffles. Everything tasted great. We ended up taking home some since it was too much for us to finish. For dessert, we had their Italian donuts and I had a café Americano to go along with it. It was delicious. We really had a great time. The only down side to this was, there was a function going on at the section beside us and they were just too loud. We just could not talk to each other because of the high noise levels. But other than that, I really enjoyed my lunch and will go back to Italian Kitchen again. If you have not visited Italian Kitchen yet, it is pretty much worth the visit.

• Visited October 2013
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thanks for the photo - love the pasta platter! Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you, your brother and your mom back in again soon.
Quesnel, Canada
“Italian Kitchen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

You know how you really look forward to trying a restaurant that you've heard so much about? Well the Italian Kitchen exceeded my high expectations and then some! Our server, Joe, was absolutely superb, the menu was original with some amazing unique food choices, the wine was fab, the food was oh so flavourorful, the desserts, well, don't get me started! I felt like I was in dream and left feeling totally spoiled and wanting more. The place was packed, but the service remained exceedingly high and the food was timely and delicious. The staff had an excellent rapour running the restaurant taking care of guests like a well run machine. My husband and I will definitely be back and we are going to tell all of our friends about this fantastic "whole package" called the Italian Kitchen :-)

• Visited November 2013
Wonderful to hear! I have forwarded on your review to Joe and the Italian Kitchen team. We look forward to serving you and your husband again soon!
Vancouver, Canada
“Great dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Food was fabulous. Our server Amy was very knowledgable. Highly recommend making a reservation if you don't want to wait.

• Visited October 2013
Many thanks for joining us!
London, United Kingdom
“What a disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Italian Kitchen used to be excellent and a favourite of ours. We went back recently after an absence of about 18 months. What a disappointment. The food had gone from excellent to mediocre. Our table for four was booked for 8.00pm. We were seated at 8.30. Service was chaotic, though they were trying. The chefs in the open kitchen appeared harassed and disorganised. Both the main floor and first floor dining rooms need a major makeover. Carpets and bathrooms dirty. Far better food and service can be enjoyed at far less in Vancouver. Not recommended.

2 Thank ChristopherN59
Hi there. I'm sorry to hear of your recent visit to Italian Kitchen. We would like to speak with you directly regarding your comments - please email marketing@glowbalgroup.com and we will be in touch right away. Thank you.