“Good but the dessert bumped up my review” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Italian Kitchen

Italian Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 3,511 Restaurants in Vancouver
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Burrard
Toronto
“Good but the dessert bumped up my review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Good Italian eatery with good pasta and average pizza. I highly recommend the zeppole dessert -donuts with chocolate ganache, sooooo good. Very family friendly place.

• 3 of 5 stars
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
The Zeppole are delicious! Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

• Korean first
Walton-on-Thames, England, United Kingdom
“Very good food and even better service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a very good Italian restaurant. I ate at the counter/bar and the atmosphere was great, watching the staff work very hard and fast was interesting and despite being busy the staff were all very attentive, especially the drinks staff. Items such as a free appetizer for people not having starters to fill the wait (not particularly long) until your main course arrives is another nice touch and again appreciated if you are there (as I was) on my own. My food was great, especially the Italian Doughnut dessert and seeing the other dishes come out they looked excellent too.

Highly recommended

• 4 of 5 stars
Excellent to hear! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Cheers!
Vancouver, Canada
“Unexpectedly Amazing Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My boyfriend had previously eaten at the Italian Kitchen and loved it, so when we were roaming around downtown trying to decide on a place to eat the suggestion came up. We were a bit worried that we weren't quite "dressed to impress" being a bit damp and in casual wear, but we were starving and there was no wait at the door (luckily, because it was packed! Make a reservation if possible.)

Our server Alistair was so fantastic from the get-go, and same with all of the wait staff who really seemed to work together to provide great service. Our glasses were never empty and we never felt like we were waiting for attention. Both of our entrées (perfect meatballs and creamy gnocchi) were hot and fresh.

You HAVE to order the doughnuts for dessert. We did just by chance not knowing how popular they are, and there is a reason. They are so light and fluffy and delicious—I could have had another plateful.

Luckily for me, I am moving down this month so will definitely be visiting again to try some more of the yummy-looking menu items! I'm hungry just from writing this.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Excellent! I'm so glad you had the chance to stop by! I must agree - the mini doughnuts, Zeppole, are DELICIOUS! Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we look forward to serving you again soon!
“What a Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I stopped in to grab a pizza and a drink or two after a long day of travel. The only thing that topped the food was the service. You just felt like you were a regular there.

Visited June 2013
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!
Winnipeg, Canada
“June 6 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Food was incredibly good and service was second to none. We don't get to Vancouver often but I would definitely make a point of coming back here.Service was so good we made a point of asking her name so we could mention it in the review. Our server was Isabelle Mackinnon ( not sure if I got the spelling right ) and would have no problem recommending to sit in her section. If you want a quieter atmosphere, ask to sit upstairs

• 5 of 5 stars
Hi there. I have passed on your kind words to Isabelle & the team at Italian Kitchen. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in town!