“Beastin' Burger”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: South Main
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Having just moved to the city, I wanted to scope out the best burger joints. Vera is one of them IMO. The owner/server was incredibly friendly, he offered to choose our burgers for us. Recomending the Canuck's burger for my better half and a smaller one for me. I took this to be a challenge. I ordered the Canuck's: it was a beefy delight. My boyfriend is a vegetarian so I suppose he didn't have much menu choice. He seemed pleased with it anyway. He said "this tastes like meat" which really can only be a good thing. Would certainly go again. Portions are BIG. Not good if you're on a diet; they do not encourage healthy eaters!

There are newer reviews for Vera's Burger Shack

Reviewed November 30, 2012

What more can you say,you pay more for a Vera's burger but you can have a beer with it if thats what you are into.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

not fancy, laid back, reasonably priced and big servings, enjoy........ nothing more to say, they are good, you won't be disappointed

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I'm a sucker for highly recommended joints that don't break your beer fund, so I decided to check this place out after reading all the glowing reviews. The verdict?

- Approx $12 combos (Canadian, pop and fries) does get you a lot. Pop was refillable; i forgot to ask about the fries
- trimmings were very fresh; bun was good
- found the meat a bit on the no beef taste side
- being able to buy beer in a burger shack was a huge plus

I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here. Food quality is good, it is overpriced for sure and service was good. In other words, the taste didn't match the hype.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went there to eat tonight November 5th 2012. Had an great BBQ burger with added mushrooms and a beer.
It was a very good burger and I enjoyed it very much. I was not so fond of the fries, they where just OK.
I would recommend to try out this place, it is well worth the visit. The decors are a bit dated but overall a good cheap place for a burger.