“Loved every Bite and the Drinks were the Best too!”
Review of Boneta - CLOSED

Boneta
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Gastown
Cross street: Carral St.
Transit: We are located 5 minutes from Chinatown sky train station and along most major bus routes.
Description: Boneta is a Vancouver restaurant, a Gastown bistro and a local hideaway.Our mission is to celebrate and share local foods, our neighbourhood and the locals themselves with all our fine guests.Our menus, wines and drinks are lovingly edited for minimal fuss and maximum pleasure as life is short enough already.We live for fine food and good cheer and would like nothing more than to share both with you.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

There were 3 of us and we booked Boneta on a Friday night, spur of the moment. They fit us in, but we knew we had to leave by a certain time; which worked out perfect.
We shared all the food we ordered. We ordered a salad, an entree- their fabulous Risotto dish, the best I've ever had and the octopus chips with aioli dip.

The Drinks: My girlfriend ordered and Old Fashioned and said it was the best she's ever tasted.
I loved my drink as well; it was a tequila base but had layers of flavour!

We all loved the service, the food and the drinks.
Although this is a little more pricey than some places it's worth the extra you pay.
Unlike other restaurants that charge more and disappoint.
Boneta really loves what they do and they are there for you!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Last night we celebrated my wife's birthday at Boneta's and what a fabulous choice it was. It was full on a Tuesday evening and with the food and service we experienced it is not difficult to see why this is a thriving business. A wonderful, small facility in a great location. The Menu choices and wine list are limited but there was enough diversity to satisfy our table of four. Servers were attentive without being par of the meal. We noticed other diners were enjoying their meals and the evening. The place had a very positive "vibe". This place is not far from Chambar in location and in experience. Noticed some diners' reviews that were less favorable - they wanted more food and less of a gastronomical experience and I can only say that the city has ample places that can cook a steak and potato.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Although this restaurant came highly recommended, we found that the service was lacking in attention and warmth. I would not go back again as there are many other restaurants that are both tasty AND friendly.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Dine out dinner at Boneta was fantastic. Choice was a starter, main course, and dessert. I had the best green salad with organic greens and so much more, beef with mashed potates and veggies, and carrot cake for dessert. They were all delicious and portions were generous. Presentation was excellant. I enjoyed the meal so much that I will definately going again.

Lynne K.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant as part of Dineout just based upon the menu, and were pleasantly surprised! We enjoyed the food here way more than L'abattoir, which is rated higher on TripAdvisor.

The starters were the parsnip apple soup with real crabmeat, and the duck liver parfait (sounds weird but don't be afraid - it was amazing!). I wanted to lick the bowl of my soup it was so good. The entrees were duck and the risotta - both perfect. Dessert was the chocolate panna cotta, which wasn't quite as good as my husband's carrot cake (sans raisins).

Service was good, but it was noisy due to a large group beside us and an open, glassed interior. Probably not a place for an intimate dinner. It's kind of tucked in off the street and faces a courtyard. Our server kind of looked like a young Clark Gable!