“Cold food. Bad presentation.”
Review of The Ticket Kitchen and Bar - CLOSED

The Ticket Kitchen and Bar
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Robson
Description: Located in Downtown Vancouver right in the heart of the entertainment district, The Ticket Restaurant and Bar has a the perfection selection of Prime steaks style with some West coast flare. Featuring Certified prime dry aged beef along with top quality lamb, pork and the freshest of seafood daily. Choose from a great selection of wines to accompany your meal or just enjoy your favourite cocktail in the lounge. The room is rich with buttery leather booths and elegant hardwood. A perfect place to celebrate a night out, entertain clients, or stop in before or after an event.
“Cold food. Bad presentation.”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

My dad got a gift certificate here so we came as a family for dinner. I ordered a Caesar and the lamb shank. The Caesar was ok but it looked horrible. Whatever they lined the rim with was sliding in chunks down the side. When my lamb came it was refrigerator cold. Not happy. The sauce was cold as well as if they made it hours ago and let it sit out. They also messed up my mom's order.

The only good things I can say about this place are that the ahi tuna and shrimp creole were good. The rest was just a horrible experience.

• Visited May 2013

Gibsons, Canada
“Total disappointment on all levels”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I gave my daughter & her husband a gift of a Dealfind voucher worth $124 for food & alcohol. They made dinner reservations for 7:15 as it was an event night and also mentioned they had the voucher. When they arrived at 7:15 the restaurant was about 30% full. As soon as they showed the waitress their voucher, she RUDELY advised them that alcohol was NOT included although voucher says it was. They would not be able to have a dessert and they could share an appetizer. All contrary to voucher wording. They asked to speak to the manager who was not in but a waiter came and explained that these restrictions were set down by the manager and he didn't have the authority to make changes. They even phoned me at home and I was advised they could only comply with the MISSING MANAGER. By then, the kids were extremely embarrassed and left the restaurant and ate elsewhere.
After reading many reviews since the restaurant has changed ownership to The Ticket Kitchen & Bar, I know realize that this is a restaurant to AVOID. I had told many of my friends how great the prior restaurant, Players Chophouse, was. What a disappointment!!!

• Visited March 2013
Surrey, Canada
“An interesting experience.”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I had a "dealfind" voucher for $101.00. We phoned late Monday afternoon and let the receptionist know we had a voucher. We requested a 7:00 p.m. seating. We were told that time was not available, but 7:30 was. We reserved. When we arrived, the restaurant was less than 30% full. Why we couldn't get our 7:00 p.m. seating is beyond me.We were taken to an area where there were a number of tables and booths available. We were given a table beside a very loud individual who was dominating a conversation with his two companions. We were not offered a booth.
As often happens, the coupon indicated we were limited in what we could order. As it happened, what we did order were the most expensive items we were permitted according to the coupon. Our food bill came to $78.00. Why offer a $101 voucher if that amount is not available to your customer?
When I checked the wine list, I found the prices to be very high. I was familiar with one bottle in particular that was marked up almost 300%.
My wife and I were looking forward to a really nice evening out. This could have been it, but it wasn't. The food was okay and our waiter was personable, but I wouldn't go back. I assume that restaurants offer vouchers to get people in the door with the belief that they will want to return at another time and tell their family and friends what a wonderful restaurant it is . For this to work, customers need to have had a great experience. Ours was interesting, but not great.

• Visited March 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Avoid!!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is definitely a place to avoid. Vancouver is full of excellent restaurants....why on earth would you spend a lot of money on food you could have prepared much better yourself??? Under/over cooked steaks with an ice cream scoop full of potatoes, a single piece of broccolini and a slice if carrot for $40. Lava cake with no lava and tasted like cake mix. I won't even talk about how terrible the poutine was. Service was horribly slow (not our server's fault....just a bad kitchen). I am positive the only way this place was full is because the Whitecaps game just finished. I could say that it might just be a place for drinks but even that wasn't any good. My friend's bottled Stella came to our table frozen solid. We should have sent everything back....but we are too Canadian.

vancouver island
“will not honour groupon”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

coming from vanc. island to watch hockey game...we purchased a groupon for this restaurant. There was a name change but groupon re-issued ticket in new name..with restaurants approval.. Nowhere on groupon does it say "not valid on event nights". We called ahead to reserve, the girl on the phone was rude and would have nothing to do with coupon. Said "read the fine print" we did and nowhere does it say not on event nights..although there were 2 specific date exclusions, in January and February but not for our date and told her so.. She says she will not help us...no matter. Hope the manager or owner reads this because if she wasn"t the owner she should be fired. Will never recommend a restaurant who clearly does not value a customer.

• Visited January 2013