“What's the point of a reservation if they just give it away?”
Review of The Ticket Kitchen and Bar - CLOSED

The Ticket Kitchen and Bar
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Robson
Description: Located in Downtown Vancouver right in the heart of the entertainment district, The Ticket Restaurant and Bar has a the perfection selection of Prime steaks style with some West coast flare. Featuring Certified prime dry aged beef along with top quality lamb, pork and the freshest of seafood daily. Choose from a great selection of wines to accompany your meal or just enjoy your favourite cocktail in the lounge. The room is rich with buttery leather booths and elegant hardwood. A perfect place to celebrate a night out, entertain clients, or stop in before or after an event.
Vancouver, Canada
“What's the point of a reservation if they just give it away?”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had reservations to The Ticket Bar and Grill. When we arrived on time we were informed by the hostess that our reservation was accidently given away. It was really busy due to a football game so we asked how long the wait would be and the hostess refused to answer. We asked if it would be more than 30 minutes and they said most likely. Then we asked if it would be more than an hour and they said it was possible. We then asked if we could talk to the manager and were told by the hostess that she had already talked to him in the kitchen and that he told her he was “too busy” to come and help us. As we were already there and we decided to wait, which turned out to be 45 minutes until we were seated. We must have really bad luck because the waitress we got was absolutely horrible! She forgot things multiple times and when the food came two of the dishes were messed:
- the burger’s bun was brick hard and the lettuce wilted
- the French dip au jus tasted like dirt water
At this point the football game had started and a lot of patrons left to BC Place so the restaurant slowed down quite a bit. After the food was dropped off our waitress literally didn't come to check up on us for 20-25 minutes. We had to actually flag down a different waitress because ours was nowhere to be found. She took the burger and au jus away to the kitchen. While she was gone our waitress showed up and we explained what happened. She told us that is how the au jus is and there nothing that could be done about it but that they could replace the burger buns… not a new burger just a bun replacement. At this point everyone else in our party was done eating and we were waiting. Luckily the other waitress came back with a new burger and fresh made au jus which actually tasted right. When he bill came it (of course) was eff’d up too. Definitely never going back and if I could give this experience 0 stars I would.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank toggly

Vancouver
“Players Chophouse - Now The Ticket”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We went to this restaurant using a Livingsocial promotion. The Players Chophouse has new owners and they are operating as The Ticket. They honored our promotion and were very flexible in allowing us to change menu items.
Our waitress was exceptionally good, just a pleasure to deal with.
We had a couple of appetizers and the quality and tastes were excellent. Maybe we were just starving but we sure enjoyed it. The main courses were both well presented and we enjoyed them both.
All in all, a very pleasant surprise.

• Visited October 2012
Canada
“the staff are obviously not trained properly”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This place can be a hit or a horrible miss. I've been 3 times now with friends and as a couple. We've covered much of the menu and sat on the patio and inside.

Each time I was struck by how poor the service is -- not all staff are bad but most are totally clueless. It has a sports theme (large TVs) but the menu is quite pricey. Yet staff dress like it's a diner not an upscale dinner spot (the uniform is anything black but cropped tshirts showing middrift and runners are just not appropriate). Depending on who you get, service might be prompt or you might wait and wait and wait. A server might interrupt your conversation to ask if they can pour more water (just pour it!), or you could be in someone's section where you'll go thirsty. If this sort of thing puts your whole meal off, and for most it would at these prices, it's not the place for you.

The food, if you don't let the ill service ruin it, is usually quite good. The occasional item is not made to order but for the most part the quality of the meat and manner of preparation is quite reliably good. Again, at these prices it should be.

It's a shame really because the room is interesting with open space and sky high ceilings, the ambience good with tasteful music despite the TV screens. Location is terrific for shows or game night. I don't mind paying for quality food but service is part of the experience and there really is no excuse for management's lack of staffing standards.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank MSBall
Nashville, Tennessee
“Dinner Players weekday”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Excellent steaks. Always like the Keg too as ex-Pat Canadian but Player's meat was far superior (and priced accordingly but fairly). Very nice atmosphere. Technically I think they consider themselves a sports bar but progressive background music at tasteful level and nice comfortable booths, a few wall mounted tv's if desired to watch but not sure I would consider this a sports themed restaurant. Dessert was OK but not up to same standard as the cuts of meat (chocolate mousse was almost watery but that is all we tried). Wines had full range and entry level was great value for quality. Vegetables were listed as ala carte but every entry the 5 of us had included vegetable and generous potato so not sure what that was about. Overall recommend.

Visited August 2012
Vancouver, BC
“Don't waste your time & money”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband purchased a coupon (I think it was Living Social) for $44 for one appetizer, 2 entrees, and 1 dessert to share. We arrived at 7:30 to a pretty empty restaurant for a Saturday night. We asked to be seated outside and they put us at a weird table facing the wall, when there were empty tables all around that seated 4. We figured that was fine because they were saving them for groups of 4, however a few minutes later they seated a couple at the large table right next to us. I can't be bothered to write out all the details, but basically it took FOREVER to get water, give our drink order, order our dinner etc. After asking several times, we didn't even get napkins until after we had eaten our appetizer. My husband had to ask for the Yorkshire pudding that was supposed to come with his order and had to ask for horseradish twice before he got (his prime rib was almost finished by then). I ordered a half chicken that was supposed to come with mushrooms. There were no mushrooms and I had to keep dipping the chicken in my husband's au jus that came with his prime rib (which he said was OK) because it was so tough. Seriously, I would have much rather had one of those BBQ'd chickens from Safeway! The other weird thing that happened was I had to use the washroom and the stalls were so small and the door closed inwards and I had to stand next to the toilet to even open the door and still managed to pull the door over my foot and scrape the hell out of it (because the door came all the way to the floor, not like usual stalls) and by the time I got back to the table my toe was all swollen and bleeding. Honestly, I'm not a really fussy type, but this place was seriously disappointing. After buying the coupon and paying the rest of our bill, we could have easily had a nice dinner at the Keg or Boathouse.

• Visited August 2012