“Players Chophouse - Now The Ticket”
Review of The Ticket Kitchen and Bar - CLOSED

The Ticket Kitchen and Bar
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Robson
Description: Located in Downtown Vancouver right in the heart of the entertainment district, The Ticket Restaurant and Bar has a the perfection selection of Prime steaks style with some West coast flare. Featuring Certified prime dry aged beef along with top quality lamb, pork and the freshest of seafood daily. Choose from a great selection of wines to accompany your meal or just enjoy your favourite cocktail in the lounge. The room is rich with buttery leather booths and elegant hardwood. A perfect place to celebrate a night out, entertain clients, or stop in before or after an event.
Vancouver
“Players Chophouse - Now The Ticket”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We went to this restaurant using a Livingsocial promotion. The Players Chophouse has new owners and they are operating as The Ticket. They honored our promotion and were very flexible in allowing us to change menu items.
Our waitress was exceptionally good, just a pleasure to deal with.
We had a couple of appetizers and the quality and tastes were excellent. Maybe we were just starving but we sure enjoyed it. The main courses were both well presented and we enjoyed them both.
All in all, a very pleasant surprise.

• Visited October 2012

Canada
“the staff are obviously not trained properly”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This place can be a hit or a horrible miss. I've been 3 times now with friends and as a couple. We've covered much of the menu and sat on the patio and inside.

Each time I was struck by how poor the service is -- not all staff are bad but most are totally clueless. It has a sports theme (large TVs) but the menu is quite pricey. Yet staff dress like it's a diner not an upscale dinner spot (the uniform is anything black but cropped tshirts showing middrift and runners are just not appropriate). Depending on who you get, service might be prompt or you might wait and wait and wait. A server might interrupt your conversation to ask if they can pour more water (just pour it!), or you could be in someone's section where you'll go thirsty. If this sort of thing puts your whole meal off, and for most it would at these prices, it's not the place for you.

The food, if you don't let the ill service ruin it, is usually quite good. The occasional item is not made to order but for the most part the quality of the meat and manner of preparation is quite reliably good. Again, at these prices it should be.

It's a shame really because the room is interesting with open space and sky high ceilings, the ambience good with tasteful music despite the TV screens. Location is terrific for shows or game night. I don't mind paying for quality food but service is part of the experience and there really is no excuse for management's lack of staffing standards.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank MSBall
Nashville, Tennessee
“Dinner Players weekday”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Excellent steaks. Always like the Keg too as ex-Pat Canadian but Player's meat was far superior (and priced accordingly but fairly). Very nice atmosphere. Technically I think they consider themselves a sports bar but progressive background music at tasteful level and nice comfortable booths, a few wall mounted tv's if desired to watch but not sure I would consider this a sports themed restaurant. Dessert was OK but not up to same standard as the cuts of meat (chocolate mousse was almost watery but that is all we tried). Wines had full range and entry level was great value for quality. Vegetables were listed as ala carte but every entry the 5 of us had included vegetable and generous potato so not sure what that was about. Overall recommend.

Visited August 2012
Vancouver, BC
“Don't waste your time & money”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband purchased a coupon (I think it was Living Social) for $44 for one appetizer, 2 entrees, and 1 dessert to share. We arrived at 7:30 to a pretty empty restaurant for a Saturday night. We asked to be seated outside and they put us at a weird table facing the wall, when there were empty tables all around that seated 4. We figured that was fine because they were saving them for groups of 4, however a few minutes later they seated a couple at the large table right next to us. I can't be bothered to write out all the details, but basically it took FOREVER to get water, give our drink order, order our dinner etc. After asking several times, we didn't even get napkins until after we had eaten our appetizer. My husband had to ask for the Yorkshire pudding that was supposed to come with his order and had to ask for horseradish twice before he got (his prime rib was almost finished by then). I ordered a half chicken that was supposed to come with mushrooms. There were no mushrooms and I had to keep dipping the chicken in my husband's au jus that came with his prime rib (which he said was OK) because it was so tough. Seriously, I would have much rather had one of those BBQ'd chickens from Safeway! The other weird thing that happened was I had to use the washroom and the stalls were so small and the door closed inwards and I had to stand next to the toilet to even open the door and still managed to pull the door over my foot and scrape the hell out of it (because the door came all the way to the floor, not like usual stalls) and by the time I got back to the table my toe was all swollen and bleeding. Honestly, I'm not a really fussy type, but this place was seriously disappointing. After buying the coupon and paying the rest of our bill, we could have easily had a nice dinner at the Keg or Boathouse.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank chillytoes
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just Plain Awful”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My wife and I went here this past Friday for our anniversary.

We arrived at 7:15 on a Friday night, and we immediately got our first warning sign by seeing that the restaurant was only about 1/3 full, with most of those at the bar. We were seated immediately and then proceeded to wait.

Once our waiter arrived, he saw our voucher ($44 for $101) and explained that the way it worked was that we'd have a total of $101 taken off our bill at the end of the night. We then placed our appetizer order. We ordered the Shrimp Cocktail, which consisted of six prawns around a martini glass filled with about triple the amount of cocktail sauce needed for the amount of shrimp. Definitely not worth the $14 they charge.

Some 40 minutes later we finally received our entrees. My wife ordered the Prime Rib and I ordered a rare Ribeye. What I received was well done. There wasn't a trace of pink to be seen. It took 10 minutes to try flag our waiter and the manager down (the manager did make eye contact with me, but immediately turned the other way).

Eventually we were able to flag a water girl down, and then our waiter finally came over. I explained and showed to him how far away from rare my steak was, and he proceded to have what I can only describe as a minor panic attack at the table. All he could splutter out was "Uh...Hmmm...let me see...um...let me...I need to talk to the kitchen..." and he walked away with out taking my steak. He seemed to realize this, as he came back after about 5 steps to take it with him.

I got a new steak from the busboy within 5 minutes, but this time they decided that I didn't need the peppercorn sauce. The new one still wasn't rare (maybe medium by the time we got it), but at this point it was quite clear that I was going to be fighting a losing battle.

As for my wife, they managed to cook her Prime Rib to order, but then they cooked the Yorkshire Pudding to well done. It was a hard crispy brown shell with no substance within.

Once we had finished, we sat with our empty plates for a good 15 minutes before our waiter cleared them away.

At this time, a table of three sat down across from us. They'd been waiting on the patio for over 45 minutes for their meal, but opted to come inside as it was getting colder out. They asked us if the meal was worth waiting for. We told them that from what we had experienced, it most definitely was not. They then started their own futile attempt to flag down our waiter, but with no success. They left $20 on the table and walked out. The manager waled by and saw this and just laughed.

By this time we were quite ready to leave, so we asked for the cheque. When it arrived, it was for the full price of the meal, with no voucher application. This stunned me, as our waiter explained how the voucher worked when we first sat down, and could plainly see it on the table throughout the entire meal. I actually managed to flag him down this time, where he expressed disbelief at the fact that we had a voucher. He went away to apply it, but when he came back, he had only applied $90, not $101. I asked him why this was, and he explained that the voucher only covered menu items.

*cue stunned silence*

I told him that everything we ordered was on the menu. He stammered and said that he was "kinda new here" and went away to talk to his manager. He came back and muttered that there wasn't anything he could do. I relented and paid the balance of the cheque, but I did not leave a tip. The service and the meal were both so far away from being at a level that would warrent any sort of gratuity.

I wouldn't reccomend that anyone waste there money here, even if they do have a voucher. It's just not worth it.

• Visited July 2012