“Food was ok but rude waiter! ”

Top Of Vancouver Revolving
Reserve with OpenTable
Top Of Vancouver Revolving is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #227 of 3,751 Restaurants in Vancouver
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Gastown
Cross street: Seymour Street
Vacouver
“Food was ok but rude waiter! ”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I've been here twice now, the first time was fantastic and the whole experience was lovely, this led me to bring my family here whilst they were visiting. This time I must admit I wasn't as impressed, the food took ages to arrive and the veg were pretty much raw but overall ok. The part of the experience that I was really disappointed in was the service. The waiter was quite vague during our meal and didn't really seem to be 'in the room' but when it came to a tip we decided that we did not want to leave a full amount as we were not impressed with the service (how it works in the UK, tip at your discretion) however as we were about to leave the waiter actually approached us and told us loudly that we had not tipped him nearly enough as we should. We were shocked! We did leave him more of a tip to avoid any more embarrassment but not before we told him how rude he was. Now we probably won't return again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“DISAPPOINTING - TOURIST GIMMICK”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

First impression for Valentines weekend........disappointing. We were brought to our table which luckily for us was a window seat. However it took me about 2 mins to manoeuver into the chair.....(I am slim). They have squeezed the maximum amount of tables in - I felt like I was dining with the other couples either side of us!! After I finally got comfortable, I picked up the 2 page paper menu, stapled in 3 places. What? Yes - terrible. Cheap menu! straight away we were disappointed. Anyway finally after 20mins our server Raj came to our table. 20 MINUTES with no-one looking at us!!!!!!! no water - nothing!
We ordered. I ordered the lobster bisque and rib-eye steak and my boyfriend the mushroom capes and chicken cordon bleu with a bottle of rose. We got our wine and starters pretty quick. Lobster bisque was not good, tasted like it came out of a can, (there were 2 croutons that actually tasted like 2 salt cubes!!) - his mushrooms were not bad. But we both had a feeling it was all pre-made and possibly frozen? Raj did not come near us to ask us how it was.
Mains: 45mins after our starter was cleared we got our mains, in fairness Raj did come over and apologise about the wait time. HOWEVER it was not that busy!! Anyway the steak was HUGE which to me is a turn off straight away - if I order a $45 steak - im not looking for quantity. The chicken dinner was a small dinner. Taste - the steak wasn't bad, wasn't great either - grizzly, V. FATTY. Chicken was BAD BAD BAD - overcooked and crap quality. Dry. But the worst thing was the mashed potatoes - they were definitely at least 1-2 day old potatoes. We couldn't eat them at all. When Raj came to clear our plates we explained how disappointed we were. He was sorry and after speaking with the manager we got the chicken taken off our bill.
I used the washroom - no toilet paper and overflowing bins. (it was NOT busy). The place needs a MASSIVE renovation. As we were finishing our wine the couple next to us also complained and asked to speak to manager - they were very also disappointed with their meal.
When our bill finally arrived - it was simply the paper bill on the table. I am sorry but if im paying that much for dinner I want the bill in an envelope thing - COME ON!!!
CRAP CRAP CRAP NEVER GO AGAIN!! WASTE OF MONEY!!

1 Thank Allison D
Sao Paulo, SP
“Loved it!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Amazing view and one of the most delicious lobsters I've ever had! The rotating floor is a magic experience. It is a must if you have little time to see Vancouver.

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth the money!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We went last night, and it was awful! Our bread was under cooked, the service was slow (there were only 5 other parties in the restaurant?!), my duck was cold and salty, and the salmon had obviously been form frozen. The risotto had frozen carrots in it, and the cocktails, and whole menu really, were totally uninspired. For what we paid, I would have expected better and faster service, and food that even compared to any of the other amazing restaurants. They offered us cheesecake complimentary for our anniversary, but I don't eat dairy, and there were no other substitutes. We left, and went for dessert somewhere else. We needed a serious palette cleanser. Serves us right for not leaving as soon as the raw cold bread came out.

1 Thank AnnaFelicity2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Awesome view...for a MacDonalds”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Really find it difficult to be horrible but there remains a bitter taste in my mouth after this!! The view from this place on a cold clear sunny Feb day was fantastic and I suppose I can deduct $25? dollars per head from the $119 I paid for a "special" meal for 2 as part of my trip. Seated at the window (Lunch, 1430, restaurant very quiet). As a UK traveller, I continue to baulk at the surcharge for alcohol levied in restaurants in North America and this place was no exception. I don't know whether it is the chef (unlikely) or the policy (more likely) but it is sad that such a brilliant attraction puts out a menu that seems geared to provide very simple fayre to one-off tourist visitors at a price they won't forget (for all the wrong reasons), instead of providing food you won't forget for all the right reasons and maybe not a lot more outlay. My partner's order amounted no more than a MacDonalds chicken wrap, and my pasta dish was equivalent to pasta, tomato puree, mushrooms and not a lot else. We belong in that bracket of people who see no logic in complaining at the scene (as the meal is unlikely to get better) so we can only recommend you go to this attraction for the lookout desk and eat elsewhere...the final insult was that when the waiter arrived with the check he tactfully stated "there's a standard 15% on this" which not only spoils the spontaneous nature of a tip for good service but frankly showed this restaurant in a very very poor light.

2 Thank ApprenticeHighlander