“Awesome view...for a MacDonalds”

Top Of Vancouver Revolving
Reserve with OpenTable
Top Of Vancouver Revolving is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #224 of 3,808 Restaurants in Vancouver
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Gastown
Cross street: Seymour Street
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Awesome view...for a MacDonalds”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Really find it difficult to be horrible but there remains a bitter taste in my mouth after this!! The view from this place on a cold clear sunny Feb day was fantastic and I suppose I can deduct $25? dollars per head from the $119 I paid for a "special" meal for 2 as part of my trip. Seated at the window (Lunch, 1430, restaurant very quiet). As a UK traveller, I continue to baulk at the surcharge for alcohol levied in restaurants in North America and this place was no exception. I don't know whether it is the chef (unlikely) or the policy (more likely) but it is sad that such a brilliant attraction puts out a menu that seems geared to provide very simple fayre to one-off tourist visitors at a price they won't forget (for all the wrong reasons), instead of providing food you won't forget for all the right reasons and maybe not a lot more outlay. My partner's order amounted no more than a MacDonalds chicken wrap, and my pasta dish was equivalent to pasta, tomato puree, mushrooms and not a lot else. We belong in that bracket of people who see no logic in complaining at the scene (as the meal is unlikely to get better) so we can only recommend you go to this attraction for the lookout desk and eat elsewhere...the final insult was that when the waiter arrived with the check he tactfully stated "there's a standard 15% on this" which not only spoils the spontaneous nature of a tip for good service but frankly showed this restaurant in a very very poor light.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank ApprenticeHighlander

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Great view and food. Miserable waiter”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The view is amazing and makes the prices worthwhile. Food also very good. I had the duck and my best friend's wife had the lamb. Waiter was miserable and rude, though. He tried to land himself a 20 dollar tip by claiming he had no change. Shame, but other than that we had a great evening. Would go again, for sure. Tip: Go at night. Dinner menu is more expensive but Vancouver looks incredible at night.

Visited December 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“The WORLDS WORST RESTAURANT # 1”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Vancouver is a great multi- cultural city in the world ,we have so many great restaurants , but I discover we also have the # 1 WORST RESTAURANT IN THE WORLD !!!!WELL DONE TOP OF VANCOUVER REVOLVING ! since my last vist dunning X"mas ,I promise I will not waste my money to come back , (I had 7 rest under me ! ) but ,I love my girl ,she like to go back to try it one more time ! this time ,Now ,you can have more them ONE SLICED OF OLD ROAST BEEF ! ,for a Sunday Brunch ,no sea food ,, the quality and quantity of the food is worst ant things we eat , ( And the price is 45$ )and the manager looks he do not care ! I am sleeping ,all of my friends and friends ,will never go there , I TOLD THEM SO ! so , I promise , this place will go for sales again ! ,they change so many hands ! good luck ! happy Chinese new year!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank TONY L
“A really good evening”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Our experience on a Tuesday evening in late January was first class and quite different from many of the mixed reviews which this restaurant has received. Service was first class, polite without being obsequious and attentive without being overpowering. Our party of four opted for the 'Dine Out Vancouver' Menu (available for two weeks in January each year) at $38 per head but the total bill still came to $321 (excluding tip) once we had added in two bottles of rose at $45 a pop and a couple of lobster tails at $20. A la carte would have added a fair bit but the views are spectacular, the food was good and well presented and the service was very good. The room was half full and perhaps things drop off if they are busier but we had no complaints and those views really are worth experiencing with a glass of wine or two.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank budd4y
Vancouver, Canada
“Some of the worst food in Vancouver”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Vancouver is a great multi-cultural city with some of the greatest food in the world. Unfortunately, this restaurant provides cuisine that would be microwave dinners seem like high class dining. Outrageous prices, tasteless food, and tiny portions. I really cannot find anything to recommend, except the view, which is great but not worth the price of admission i.e. eating here. Don't bother, there are a lot of better things to do in this fine city.

• Visited January 2014