“Dutch Food for your soul”

Dutch Wooden Shoe Cafe
Ranked #841 of 3,948 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Dutch
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Love the pancakes and all the great food here. The service can feel a bit slow at times because this place is so popular, but I still give it 5 out of 5 because the overall atmosphere and the food is just sooo good. Enjoy!!

1  Thank Diane R

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I visited for a business breakfast and was very pleased with the experience. The decor is flat out Dutch paraphernalia from wall-to-wall. The service was near perfect. The coffee bottomless, and the food was very good. This isn't the Ritz, but the result is great.

3  Thank tenmile1
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Friendly staff, novel and interesting cuisine, and huge plates of food make for excellent value. Definitely try one of the Dutch Indonesian dishes for a taste of something different.

1  Thank juviall
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I really like how this restaurant makes their Apple Sugar Cinnamon and Whipped Cream pannekoeken. They dice the apples then cook them in the batter. I had this same dish at a few places in Amsterdam and its not quite the same. Often the apples are just a few slices and they are placed on top. This has been a family destination breakfast spot for a long time. Well done.

1  Thank seetastelove
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Every time I visit Vancouver I have to go to the Wooden Shoe (There is a photo of my husband and I on the wall as we used to be regulars when we lived in Vancouver)! The number 20 is my favorite and it's always better when John (the owner) is in the kitchen. I love this place!

1  Thank KMLloyd