“If you are in the mood for solid Italian this would work.”

Ciao Bella Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ciao Bella Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #225 of 3,706 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Alberni
Transit: No 5 Robson street bus stops at Robson and Denman . Another close public transport stop is on Georgia and Denman.
Issaquah, Washington
“If you are in the mood for solid Italian this would work.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Went with the family on a Saturday night with no reservations. Was able to get a table on the heated patio at 6p. Order a couple apps, 3 mains, drinks and desert.
Food was good. Garlic cheese bread was all tasty garlic and butter. Super fresh bread. Food did take a little long to get served but the waiter was very cordial and personable. If you are in the mood for Italian this would be a good choice. I would suggest skipping the tiramisu. Too wet and not enough flavor.

Vancouver, Canada
“Really good home cooking with super nice staff!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

The pasta always hits the right spot in my tummy!!

Homemade everything, nothing too heavy, the owner is such a nice gentleman and always seats and serves you.

Id highly recommended the CARBONARA!!!

Visited February 2014
Richmond, Canada
“GREAT FOOD, HORRIBLE SERVICE.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Let me first start by saying that the food here is delicious, nothing special for an Italian restaurant, but still delicious. That being said, I'm giving Ciao Bella 2/5 because of the horrible service I experienced; not from our server, but from the manager of all people.

We had gone here for our first Dine Out dinner of the year, and had made reservations for 715 for a party of 4. My friend and I had arrived at 7, another at 710, and our last friend had run into some problems and arrived 15 minutes late. Being conscious of this, we ordered an appetizer and drinks to tide us over until our final friend had arrived. We had no indication of our late friend being any kind of problem. I should note also that the restaurant was NOT busy. Anyway, she had arrived and we had ordered our food. Towards the end of our dinner, the restaurant was busier. There was a single group waiting to be seated, who sat by the bar. While we were paying our bill, the manager came over and scolded us for being tardy. We made it clear that we were on time and our friend had run into trouble, but he continued to reprimand us loud and clear. Now, this wouldn't normally be a problem with me, but he was persistent. Not only that, the restaurant is small so he attracted quite a bit of attention. He mentioned the group who was waiting for a table, maybe for their benefit because they were literally seated at the bar which was directly beside us.

I have never been so insulted, and to have gotten this sort of treatment by the manager is unacceptable. Of course, we still tipped because it was not our servers fault. But I will never return here, as I'm sure neither will my friends, because of this experience. Thoroughly embarrassing,

• Visited January 2014
San Francisco
“Looking for Dinner on Christmas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

We did not start out going to Ciao Bella, but it was Christmas day and very few restaurants were open so when we saw people inside Ciao Bella we said, "let's try it." As expected the place was crowded with other travels desperate to find a place open for dinner. But what was unexpected was the pleasure of the dining experience. I read another review declaring "terrible service" but I would like to think it just that we were not being rushed so they could reseat the table. We were allowed to dine rather than eat. My wife had a seafood ravioli that came with a thick red sauce. I took advantage of the pasta choice menu, where one may choose the variety of pasta preferred then pick the sauce. I chose a seafood linguini. The pasta was cooked just the way I like and plenty of seafood in a very light sauce. With a glass of red wine I felt very satisfied.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Jadranko
Vancouver, Canada
“Romantic Italian escape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

The moment you walk in, you notice how authentic and relaxing this place is. Go on a Monday or Tuesday for half-priced pasta dishes. LOTS of sauce choices. I've never been disappointed. We both had a late lunch that totaled less than $20!