“Excellent food!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Point Grey
“Excellent food!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We ordered Crab Bisque for appetizer and Oh My God...SO GOOD! Learn from my mistake people...order the big bowl! For main we ordered Eggs Ratatouille and Jambalaya, both were excellent!!! We'll be back for more for sure!!

• Visited September 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“Comfort Food with a Twist”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

There is also a Burgoo on Main Street at 25th Avenue, which is a local hipster area. The Mac 'n Cheese is exceptional. Great patio (heated) for people watching,

• Visited March 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Searching for satisfying Comfort Food?”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Unique sandwiches packed with fresh ingredients, paired with traditional soups with a flavourfull twist.
I recommend the tomato soup.

• Visited May 2013
Vancouver, BC, Canada
“Great tasting comfort food”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I went for lunch with a bunch of coworkers one Tuesday and enjoyed the laid back environment and great tasting comfort food. Most of us took advantage of their 'homemade' specialty drink which is Strawberry Lemonade, very refreshing with pieces of marinated real strawberries. It is non-alchoholic. I had the soup and sandwich combo which included the feature sandwich of the day - bbq pulled pork with pesto mayo, mozzarella and prosciutto in a grilled ciabatta bun. The soup I chose was the Yummy Carrot which came piping hot. We all had to wait about 5 minutes for our soups to cool down. It was incredibly good tasting, lots of carrot and coconut milk and I like how they sprinkle toasted coconut on top. We all liked how they serve most things on wood serving boards which is a nice touch. The prices are a little high but the food is very good, and quite filling as the portions tend to be large. I would recommend this place for lunch especially if you want to indulge yourself with some comfort food.

• Visited June 2013
Victoria, BC
“Fantastic Comfort Food”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My mom and I love this place. It's the only place she wants to eat when she comes to visit me in Vancouver. The decor is that of a cozy cabin and the staff are always warm and friendly. The menu is based on iconic comfort foods from around the world.

Everything I've ever had is amazing. I love the Irish Stew, and the Macaroni & Cheese but the Grilled Cheese is my all time favourite. The deserts are the perfect size (and price) to split with someone even if you're both pretty full (which we always are).

I highly recomend Burgoo. Although I should warn that due to the cozy interior, it is really hard to get a table for more than four people. So think twice if you're looking for a large group.

Visited February 2013