“Funky sushi”

Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere. Great sushi - some weird sounding options but they taste delicious!! We went as a large ground and each ordered one dish and shared, there was plenty to go around. Will definitely go again.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I got the Drunken Monkey roll. I really enjoyed it! My husband had the tuna rose. It was really cool the way they arranged it to look like a rose! The only complaint I have was that the menu was soooooo big! It was hard to look through it all, and I felt it wasn't explained too well either. I got confused as to what I was ordering and what it would be when it came out. But the food was delicious!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I love the atmosphere, and funky decor..oh and amazing DJ! Music was at a comfortable level that we could still hear each other. Unfortunately, I eat out at restaurants for the food! So disappointing --the sushi rolls were warm, the rice was too soft with no flavour, many drenched with mayonnaise. One Eel roll was decent and chicken wings were okay! They should stick with the white food! I would NOT go back....

Reviewed April 11, 2013

They have some interesting takes on sushi and some very interesting drinks. The decor is definitely odd, but in a good way.
Service was fast and the food was descent.
I would definitely go back

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The Eatery is an eclectic place to have sushi of all types. It has strange paper mache animals and things hanging from the ceiling. Our adult children selected it for dinner, they said it gets really busy at night and there is a DJ at night. We went early and the service was prompt, the sushi was great and the beer and wine is a reasonable price.