Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2015

I stayed in the 2010 room in the attic and loved it. It was well-laid out with a comfortable bed, seating area, free wifi, closet and a huge bathroom. It was also air conditioned, which was much appreciated during the heat wave. I liked Joanne's artful way of displaying the washcloths (so they looked like a bouquet in a vase) and other creative and thoughtful touches. Joanne gives house keys to her guests so they may come and go as they wish. The communal guest area (fully equipped kitchen, dining area and living room) is downstairs with direct access to her divine back yard. It is completely private with a variety of places to sit and listen to burbling water fountains. Joanne calls it her zen garden and it was, indeed, very relaxing! House on Dunbar is in a quiet neighbourhood and is very close to UBC. Next time I stay in Vancouver (and/or take a course at UBC), I would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: I stayed in the attic room which was very quiet and larger than the other 2 rooms.
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2015

this B and B is in a lovely quite area of Vancouver West. Our hostes, Joanne was very friendly and helpfulThe accomodation was modern and clean. We had the room with the seperate bathroom in a hallway but we did not find this problem. The breakfast was well presented and delicious although the promised yogurt was never forthcoming. Tea, coffee, soft drinks were available from the kitchen as well as some sweet snacks.
There is a cat in residence and on 3 occasions during the night I had to get up to let it out of the house. Also the room was very hot at night but it was impossible to have the air conditioner on as it was very llist
Overall a very nice stay.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2015

As a first time user of B&B style accomodation I was somewhat hesitant. However from the moment I was welcomed by Joanne to the last gooodbye I felt comfortable and 'at home'. The accomodation was beautiful in a safe and leafy neighbourhood. Shared areas were well equipped with a lush garden for relaxing and some great personal touches such as delicious and nutritious breakfasts. Public transport was nearby and readily accessible. Joanne is helpful, knowledgeable about Vancouver and a lovely lady as well. The House on Dunbar has set a high standard for my initiation into the world of the B&B.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2015

More than a B&B, we felt like we were at a friends home. The common area was spacious and the backyard garden was very comfortable. We relaxed to watch some of the FIFA games on the large TV and couches. Breakfasts were hearty and tasty.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Joanne R, Owner at House On Dunbar B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2015

It makes me feel that I have accomplished my goal when you comment that you feel like you are visiting a friend in my home.
Thank you for these lovely words.

Reviewed June 30, 2015

This B&B has outstanding food, a beautiful house, a wonderful garden to sit in, a full kitchen available to guesta and a thoughtful and wonderful hostess who really knows how to make you welcome.

Definitely a stay again!

Donald and Sharon

Room tip: Rm 2010 on the top floor was roomy with A/C, lots of storage and beautifully decorated
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

D&S

You are such considerate guests.
It was so very nice getting to know you for a short period of time.
Hope you visit again.