“I'd stay again in a heartbeat!!”

House On Dunbar B&B
Ranked #18 of 54 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“I'd stay again in a heartbeat!!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed at this fabulous B&B for 4 nights and it instantly felt like home. The house was beautiful and very well laid out for guests in terms of the amount of separate space available to use in addition to the actual bedroom. Guests had a spacious living/breakfast/computer/TV area, including kitchen with complimentary snacks, drinks, coffee, tea etc available for their use at any time. The actual bedroom suite was a great size, very tasteful and extremely comfortable. The provisions for guests were first rate, from a basket of snacks and a fridge full of drinks to an abundance of fresh fluffy towels and other bathroom amenities, to complimentary wifi, and everything in between that one might want or need. Unobtrusive servicing of the room was offered but for me it was not necessary as my stay was short and the room was so clean, tidy and comfortable anyway. Joanne is an exceptional hostess. She is welcoming, warm and helpful in every possible way. She is also an extraordinary cook - the breakfasts she made were AMAZING! Every day she would tell me what was on the menu for the next morning and my mouth would start to water. The location of the house is very central, walking distance to many places and only relatively short distances by bus or taxi to others. I had a car during my stay and parking on the street was never a problem. I would happily stay at this wonderful place again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Naava S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Not only the best B&B but the best lodging I've ever stayed at! My mom and I came to BC for the first time and couldn't have asked for a better location or hostess. This beautiful house was in a quiet, tree lined neighborhood and central to many attractions (only 15 minutes from downtown Vancouver). Joanne made us feel like family. She made amazing fresh fruit juices and gave us many options about what to make for breakfast. She had a lot of ideas about what to do in the area and always took time to talk with us and make us feel welcome. I recommend House on Dunbar to any and everyone - it certainly gave us a memorable vacation!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank TheBeautifulThings
Washington DC
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary trip to Vancouver. The house was really beautiful both inside and out, our room was nice and quiet and came with a cat that liked to use our open window for ingress and egress.

The breakfasts were amazing!!! The owner is a fabulous cook and my wife was a huge fan of her use of the "Vitamix".

It was reasonably priced and really our only complaint was that there was no turn-down service; part of the reason you pay more for a B&B is that you get the experience of having a quasi-hotel stay and not having to make your own bed.

Overall though, it was a very enjoyable stay!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nin137
Wolfsburg, Niedersachsen, Germany
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our stay was really beautifull. The rooms were excellent, the breakfast superb, but the friendliness and the helpfulness of Joanne isnt't to surpass. By the way you can walk by foot to downtown in a short time and the house is in a very calm neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Thomas E
Limmen, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We've had a really good time at the House On Dunbar B&B. A comfy bed, great bathroom and such a good breakfast in the morning with the other guests. Joanna is a lovely host, she has been super helpfull to us and from the house we were at the airport pretty quick by cab.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marylou R
milano
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for 4 nights, me my husband and my daughter 15een. It Was really a great place. Very good hospitality: excellent breakfast, nice room, silence never experienced so complete before, lovely neighborhood. Highly suggested. The only flaw was that the third bed was an inflatable mattress, but it was quite confortable the same. The website tells the truth. Joanne gives you all the right advise to visit Vancouver. The area it si easy to reach by bus. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank giuditta a
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very quiet, great for transport and close to outdoor walks in pacific spirit park. I was at the university and the location is very close by bus. A couple of good restaurants close by. Breakfast unbelievably good and varied. Generous room size, comfortable bed and good bathroom. Wi Fi very reliable.

• Stayed July 2013