“Food was excellent, Service could be better”

Al Porto Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Al Porto Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 3,775 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Gastown
Cross street: Cambie
Transit: Just steps away from the Waterfront station.
Description: Gastown's popular Water Street is alive with the taste of another era. Meander down the cobbled sidewalk and stumble across a true find, the uniquely situated Al Porto Ristorante. Spacious yet cozy, the room is as distinct as the cuisine that defines the rich flavour and culture of Italy. Candlelight and a warm welcome await you as you cross through the iron-gate.
Dallas, TX
“Food was excellent, Service could be better”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I had arrived tried the Early Bird Special on a Sunday night and enjoyed our meals very much. I had the Cioppino and it was really good and so much that I could not finish it, My wife ordered the Linguine Pescatore and enjoyed it very much. The salad was also very good.
My thought about the service stemmed from my beer order. The waiter brought the wrong beer. I thought it was ok so I ordered a second bottle. This time the waiter brought a bottle of the first beer I ordered. I guess my thought was he was not paying too much attention.
I would still come back and will come back because of the food and the value.

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Irvine, United Kingdom
“Good pizza”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Just yards from one of the busiest downtown streets in Vancouver, we found this delightful restaurant where we enjoyed delicious pizza and salad. I would definitely recommend it. Less pricey and pretentious than others in this area.

1 Thank Carolyn111_12
Reston
“Early Bird Special a Great Value”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

If you have dinner before 6:30 and take advantage of the special you will save big and enjoy the same good food. Halibut in season is excellent, and cioppino is quite tasty. The waiters seem to be honest in their recommendations and proud to work there. The wines are reasonably priced. Good value, good service, good food and beautiful ambience. what more could you ask for?

• Visited June 2013
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Great value, excellent food and service”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

On the edge of Gastown, expected to be expensive but wanted to eat early and found they did dinner deal 4:30 to 6:30pm with starter and main for Can$24. Turned out this included bread and olives as well, no hidden extras, clearly well used by locals and not surprising. Food delicious and service just right.

1 Thank JAST20
Vancouver, Canada
“A nice surprise”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We found this restaurant tucked away on a side street in Gastown. The signboards and menus directed us to a side entrance, which took us downstairs, so I expected a dark, dingy restaurant. It opened up to a large, bright room with beautifully set tables and friendly staff. The service was fast and efficient and the food was excellent, although the portions were a bit on the small side. Still, it was nice leaving feeling "just right" rather than "stuffed to the brim". We arrived early as we had an event to go to, so were able to take advantage of their Early Bird Special - soup or salad and a main course for $24, or a main course for $18 (prices for mains were in the mid-20s otherwise). This offer is good from 4:30-6:30. I had the lamb which came with butternut squash, beans cooked just right, half a tomato dusted with parmesan cheese and baked, and roasted potatoes (there was a $3 surcharge for the lamb). My husband had the veal with prosciutto which he said was quite salty, but otherwise tasty. Bottom line: We'd go back.