“Best Samosas on the go”

All India Sweets & Restaurant
Ranked #1,663 of 4,063 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Neighborhood: Little India / Punjabi Market
Description: All India Sweets & Restaurant serves authentic East Indian delicacies and cuisine in the middle of the Punjabi Market in South Vancouver.
Reviewed January 21, 2017

I never dined here while I was in Vancouver so I can't say anything about that. I did however, often stop here many times to grab some samosas to go. They are much better than the samosas where I'm from. First of all, they are generously stuffed and bursting with flavor. Love the way the coriander seeds taste in these. Second, they are such a good price! I think they were only around a dollar or so each, maybe even less. They serve them with tamarind sauce, but if you prefer, they will give you mint sauce if you ask.

Reviewed September 1, 2016

We visited this place a few months ago and were not overly impressed. This time, however, there was a significant improvement in quality of food.

Steve R, Manager at All India Sweets & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2016

We're always trying to improve, so I'm thrilled to hear your latest visit was a good one! Hope you'll join us for another meal soon.

Best,

Reviewed August 22, 2016

We did not do the buffet, but ordered Coconut chicken and Chicken Curry, medium spicy, with rice, and naan. It was very good and I would go there again for Indian food. Didn't try the sweets but there were sure a lot of them.

The coconut chicken is one of my favorites, so good choice! Although, you can't go wrong with chicken curry either. And I hope next time you can try some of our sweets!

Thanks,

Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

As I have enjoyed the cuisine in India, the dishes here taste more bland and are the basic quality. The fresh salad was unusual as it had no greens! Raw onions, green peppers, cucumbers and a few other veggies were very refreshing.

1  Thank ilovetravel13

We want our dishes to be as authentic as possible, so I'm sorry you haven't been impressed by them. You're always welcome to request spicier food, and I hope we can help you find something on the menu you'll love next time.

Best,

Reviewed July 5, 2016

My wife had the lunch buffet with an addition of chicken curry. The dishes were of mixed quality, with raita being the most notably better than average quality--very creamy. My wife was very disappointed in the chicken curry. I had vegetable samosas, which were served witth a garbanzo side instead of the usual tamarind and mint chutneys. The samosas were wll cooked and packed with vegetables, mostly (as usual) potatoes. I also had my other Indian favorite, palak paneer (with a pretty good chapati, instead of rice). It was very tasty but the spinach seemed to have been pureed in an overactive blender, and the paneer was not too plentiful. Overall, it was a pleasant meal in a very friendly atmosphere.

Steve R, Manager at All India Sweets & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2016

It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed the visit overall, Ken! I wish your dishes had been a more consistent quality but I appreciate the feedback. It's always important to us that everyone leaves completely satisfied with the meal. We'd love to welcome you both back again soon!

Best wishes,