“Rating of 5 for a beer connoisseur...”
Review of Alibi Room

Alibi Room
Ranked #185 of 3,845 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gastown
Reviewed March 28, 2013

BC is going through a bit of a craft beer explosion, so you can usually get something craft at most pubs now. BUT, this place is the original. Pretty much ALL craft. Small batches by local brewers, imports with the utmost standards, always something you don't expect.

The food is really good too, don't get me wrong. Not standard pub fare always something special and interesting. If you are in Vancouver, a craft beer fan, and have one place to visit? Hands down win for the Alibi.

There are newer reviews for Alibi Room

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This place made me feel like I was an undergraduate again (though about three decades since I was actually one). Very fun! Apparently, I'm the only person in Vancouver who hasn't been here before, though everyone else says they "haven't been there in years!" I don't know how they can serve 50 different microbrews at one time, but they do. I tried "Creepy Uncle", "Gypsy's Tears", "Wrath of Khan" and some sort of oatmeal stout that I think had the word "storm" in it. All good, and so was my bison sandwich and fries. My friends' meals all looked good too. Plus, I liked the servers.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was a short walk from the loft we rented in gastown. Great craft beer and knowledgable staff. Awesome skinny fires and homemade ketchup. Like the upstairs better than the downstairs as up was brighter and cheerier. Have to help yourself at the bar downstairs.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I read a lot of great reviews on tripadvisor and in guide books about this place, and was pretty thoroughly disappointed. The good: good waitress, knowledgeable and nice recommendations, good beer selection (but after all the praise other people have given the beer selection at Alibi, it's arguably average with all the other bars in Vancouver). Nice view from the windows of the mountains on a clear day. A friend enjoyed his unique cocktail (although $10 cocktails aren't really my style).

Other than that, it was all pretty mediocre. The atmosphere in the bar was bland and lacking! Every other bar I visited in Vancouver put a lot of effort into the decor, atmosphere, and funiture, but certainly not the case here. No TVs, which is probably their style, but I'm a sports guy. The area near the bar is not very nice, especially because of it's proximity to Chinatown, which was dreadful (not very close, but not far).

Didn't eat, but it seems that might've raised the score from other reviews. We were there a little before dinner time and they said the kitchen wasn't open yet.

1  Thank Julbo09
Reviewed January 1, 2013

What a find! Alibi Room has an exceptional beer menu, featuring tons of regional brews and daily cask offerings. They have a very educated staff, who will lead you down the right path, whatever your beer craving. The food was an unexpected delight. Very creative and tasty offerings - I had 3 meals there while in town!
They fill up quickly, but once you get a seat, you're in for an absolute treat!! Can't wait to go back on my next visit to Vancouver!