“Incredible”

Adesso Bistro, on Haro Street
Reserve with OpenTable
Adesso Bistro, on Haro Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #169 of 3,893 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West End
Cross street: Gilford
Transit: Robson and Denman Denman and on Georgia St. 2 blocks from the restaurant.
Description: Adesso Bistro, on Haro Street, is a neighbourhood oasis offering West Coast Italian cuisine in the beautiful west end of Vancouver, Canada. Reserve your table today.
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stubmled upon Adesso Bistro with my family and was completely blown away by the service, the wine, and the food. Seriously the food is to die for! My entire family was more than pleased with their food and service. I fell so madly in love with this restaurant that i needed to go back, so i went the next day with my boyfriend and it was even better then the first night i was there! Everything is made fresh in house, with the best flavours i have had in an italian restaurant. Hands down my favorite restaurant in Vancouver.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We tried to call for a reservation a few times, but the voice message inbox was full and therefor we could not leave a message . Once I was lucky enough to speak with a person, the employee on the phone told me that they are overbooked and there are no availabilities during any of the days I requested. We went to the restaurant without a reservation and was very surprised that the restaurant was empty and only few people were sitting on the patio.
The setting on the patio was nice, but the tables were very close to each other, and we could easily hear other people's conversations. It would be nice to have a quiet background music for the patio.
The greeting was very cold, the staff should have been more friendly and welcoming.
The waiter pointed the finger to the table on the patio and did not escort us. On the way to the table I injured my toe, because there is a step on the patio that is almost impossible to see. It is absolutely not safe, and I bet many people had the same accident In the same spot. My toe was bleeding and I covered it with a napkin. The staff ignored that and only when I went to the washroom to clean my toe and asked for help, they gave me the band aids.
The service was very slow. We spent almost two hours for lunch.
For appetizer we had salads: the portion was small, the salad looked very dry, olive oil or another dressing would be a nice addition. We moved the plates with forks and knives on a side for waiter to pick it up. He came and took the plates, but put back our used forks and knives on an unclean table. We also had to use dirty forks and knives for our next main dishes.
For main dishes we had pasta with little bit of shredded meat, and a seafood plate - the portion looked like an appetizer size , very small with three tiny shrimps and three little pieces of other seafood. The arugula was not very fresh and had many yellow old leaves. We asked for salt and napkins, but they only brought a salt/pepper shaker.
We waited very long for the dessert; even if it was an ice-cream platter that did not require a lot of preparation time. Also, he brought dessert spoons and put it right on the table, I moved the spoons on my own napkin. He still did not bring fresh napkins. Anyways, we liked the ice cream.
We are glad that we did not have to pay full price thanks to our groupon, the dishes in the restaurant are overpriced.
We are not planning to go to the Adesso bistro in the future.

4  Thank Irina A
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Used our Groupon to try this restaurant that was new to us & our friends. We had a delightful 3-course Italian lunch accompanied by one of our fine British Columbia wines, Red Rooster Pinot Blanc.

1  Thank JudithEC
Reviewed June 13, 2013

hidden gem in the DT Vancouver !
we went there to use the groupon we purchased
everything was beyond our expectation.
Friendly service . excellent food.

we ordered a chicken pate great portion and great taste
the mushroom pizza was just perfect
the seafood tomato pasta was really amazing. it was the best part of the dinner
and the lobster risotto was tasty

2  Thank Luluhachi
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Bubbly crusted aromatic funghi appetizer pizza drizzled with Truffle oil, pillowy gnocchi and a short rib that i have ordered twice and still crave... I will be making lots of return visits to this restaurant in the Buchan Hotel west of Denman Street. I resisted going here because i still mourned the loss of Parkside (Andrey Durbach flagship) that used to reside there, but a groupon of all things got me going back. so glad i did. This is a family run operation and the food is sincere with both adept handling of seafood ( a Ligurian stew with an assortment of sea morsels and Saffron) as well as half roasted game hen that comes with unique chick pea logs - crisp outside delicate inside, the marsale braised short rib that comes with perfect little blocks of polenta that is creamy on the inside and infused with parmesan cheese. i ate there last night and writing this makes me want to go back tonight.