“Funky location, good beer”

Yaletown Brewing Co
Reserve with OpenTable
Yaletown Brewing Co is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #137 of 3,951 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Helmcken
Transit: The Canada Line train, stops in Yaletown in the same block as the Yaletown Brewing Co. and runs until 1am.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Located in an area that has been resurrected over recent decades, this brewpub is generally a popular watering hole for locals. It's got an excellent patio and an expansive, comfortable interior. The beer? A good, tasty selection, ranging from a light ale to a husky stout. But don't expect your beer to come in pint glasses although you'll pay pint-glass prices. You get a smaller glass and that's a shame. As for the food, it's respectable if a little pricey. The service can be hit and miss.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This past Saturday, a group of friendds, girlfriend and I all picked this place because we figured it would have good atmosphere, good prices and good service. Usually, restaurants within the Yaletown area have really good service... The Keg, Hamilton Street Grill, Glowbal etc. This place wast just awful, I mean awful.

We had to wait for a table of 6 for a good 15 minutes, yet when we were seated, there was lots of tables open around us... what took so long to seat us? Then, we didn't see the server for a good while, finally he came, took our drink order (should have ordered our food at the same time) because it took him a very long time to come back. When he came back, he took our food order... and then the discussions began about where is our food, it was taking a very long time. He didn't come back to ask us if we wanted anything to drink, any other drinks, I had to flag him down and ask for another one. After the food came, we again, didn't see our waiter again for along time. We had to flag down another individual to ask for some water. Finally, we just all had enough of the service, the waiting around, non existent waiter / server was just awful.

Then, when we asked for our bill, guess what? We had to wait for awhile again, then when he saw that a few of us wanted to pay with cards, he said I'll try and find a machine and come back when I can find one. First off, you should say something like "I'll be right back with a machine, go find a machine, come back". Not, I'll try and find one and the waiting game begins again.

I haven't had this bad of service at a restaurant in a very long time. I know the name of the individual but I'll keep that off the internet to be respectful. If management wants to know who it is, they can contact me.

Yaletown Brewery, you've lost a customer for good.

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We went to catch up with friends from out of town, thinking this was a great place to have dinner and drinks! We had been at the Yaletown Brew Pub before and enjoyed it very much!
Not so much this time!

First of all we were put way back in the corner, no view of the street or rest of the restaurant! We ordered appetizers and dinner at the same time, appies came out quick, our friends seemed to enjoy them. However, We waited along time for dinner! Some of our group got there dinners, while two waited a long time!
The Johnny Mac pizza was good, I tried that while waiting for my dinner! I had ordered the Halibut Sandwich with half fries half salad. The only good thing about the dinner was the fries! The salad was to have dressing on the side, came with no dressing at all, also lettuce was wilted as if it was under a heat lamp! The Halibut was over cooked, tough, and was not appealing at all!
My suggestion, stick with the pizza and stay away from the Halibut!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I called the Yaletown Brewing Co. to make last minute reservations last saturday night as we had an unexpected visit from friends from the UK. We were notified that there was a reservation at 8pm already so we'd have to be done by then, which; was fine. We arrived at 5:45pm and were seated promptly. It was down hill from there.

We ordered our drinks (The Flight of beer, which was really cool) but it took about 25 min to recieve the drinks and another 10 for our appitizer. Then our server never came back! We waited and waited. I had to excuse myself from our guests and leave my table to find our server. We asked a guy at the bar where are server was and he found her and she came to take out orders. It was already almost 7pm. After we recieved our food, and the next time we saw our server was at 7:35 with our bill. No offer for dessert. The server and another server stood at the table next to us watching us, waiting for us to leave. Many servers walked by, not one stoped to ask us if we needed something, or offered to grab our server. We felt completely unvalued - like we're only being served so the server could get another tip before her next reservation.

We ended up settling our bill and heading over to Society down the street to have dessert. It was embarrassing to bring our friends to this place (them knowing I work in guest services a high end luxery hotel) and being so dissapointed, as they assumed I would know the best places to go. The prices are pretty good for a restaurant, but when you spend money at a restaurant youre not just paying for food. You pay for an experience. Because the service was so poor it doesnt really make it worth the money spent. Don't think Ill be recommending this to any guest's at my hotel, or friends of mine as of now.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The hotel we stayed at was a couple of blocks from Yaletown. Had visited Vanc. BC many times, but it was the first time in this neighborhood. Yaletown Brewing Co. is one of the many dining choices in Yaletown. The service was excellent, the food well prepared and the beer outstanding. The extensive menu has something for everyone.