“This is one great restaurant!”

West Restaurant + Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
West Restaurant + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #238 of 3,868 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South Granville
Cross street: 13th St.
Description: Recognized as the 'jewel in Vancouver's culinary crown', West Restaurant's outstanding contemporary regional cuisine and seamless service has earned much critical acclaim. Pristine seasonal ingredients are sourced to deliver superbly conceived dishes offering modern interpretations of classics. For those keen to observe 'behind the scenes' action and experience West from a unique perspective, the two 'chef's tables' can be found directly adjacent to the presentation kitchen. One of the highlights of the dining room is a temperature-controlled wall of wine, and under it, the long cherry wood bar that gracefully anchors the conversation-where martinis and cocktails are composed of fresh herbs, juices and creative infusions. A Werner Forster installation floats under the ceiling-a study of light and motion. The leather chairs are the Mario Bellini designed originals found at MOMA, surrounding etched stone tabletops, highlighting a handsome and inviting room that speaks to contemporary Vancouver.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I was celebrating my 70th - my daughter and her husband took us out to West - this is one awesome place - okay, I could be cynical and say the place was so wonderful because they knew it was my b-day but I would like to think it is always that way. I have dined at some good restaurants, Maxims in Paris even, but this rates away up there. The service was phenomenal - James and his crew were the best - and the food was hot, delicious and expertly presented. From start to end, right to the hostess wishing me HB on my departure, I cannot offer enough kudos - and I am truly picky and a major complainer if things are not good - there was NO cause to grumble - NONE!! It is not cheap but worth every penny

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I recently found this gem in the heart of yorkville and my only regret was that I had not found it any sooner. If you want some comforting and delicious French food in an intimate environment, with such jolly and friendly staff, this is the place! Very reasonable place and excellent dessert selection. You'll feel like you're by your grandma's...

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My wife took me to West for my birthday. We haven't had dinner here in years and decided it was time to come back.

The food was absolutely amazing. The cocktails were fun and good. The staff were knowledgable and very nice.

Great birthday all around.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

If you are looking for a nice high end restaurant that is still casual in nature, then West is worth trying. The food is very good and nicely presented. The food is pricey but the quality is there. They also have a very active bar scene on weekends that seems to cater to the well heeled 40+ crowd. There were patrons in suit and ties and many in casual weekend wear. Worth giving a try

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Last week when in Whistler we dined at Araxi. A great meal. In Vancouver we stumbled on West. Ihad the lunch special with an outstanding beetroot salad, the fishcakes and the lemon pineapple desert. My wife had the duck salad and a wonderful scallop salad. The only mar against them was a curly hair in the desert and not perfectly clean cultery. Eeeh.