“West is best”

West Restaurant + Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
West Restaurant + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #230 of 3,845 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South Granville
Cross street: 13th St.
Description: Recognized as the 'jewel in Vancouver's culinary crown', West Restaurant's outstanding contemporary regional cuisine and seamless service has earned much critical acclaim. Pristine seasonal ingredients are sourced to deliver superbly conceived dishes offering modern interpretations of classics. For those keen to observe 'behind the scenes' action and experience West from a unique perspective, the two 'chef's tables' can be found directly adjacent to the presentation kitchen. One of the highlights of the dining room is a temperature-controlled wall of wine, and under it, the long cherry wood bar that gracefully anchors the conversation-where martinis and cocktails are composed of fresh herbs, juices and creative infusions. A Werner Forster installation floats under the ceiling-a study of light and motion. The leather chairs are the Mario Bellini designed originals found at MOMA, surrounding etched stone tabletops, highlighting a handsome and inviting room that speaks to contemporary Vancouver.
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Vancouver seafood restaurants are always solid. We ate at West and sat up at the sushi bar. What a treat watch the pros go to work. The sushi was fantastic especially the lobster sushi what a treat then they make lobster miso soup. Wow here comes the rolls and great Japanese beer to wash it down. Heaven I say I'll be back soon.

There are newer reviews for West Restaurant + Bar

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My son and I were recently in Vancouver for a few nights and were looking for a local restaurant that offered an array of local delicacies. We were very pleased we chose West as the food (local fresh halibut and local Frazier Valley duck) was truly outstanding and the presentation awesome.
Did I mention the thousands of wines to choose from? The service was great as the waiter was helpful in pairing the wine and going over the specials. Everyone we met went out of there way to ensure a remarkable birthday dinner for my son and I. Hope to go back soon for more great food,wine, and service!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was my first visit to West and will not be my last. After a painfully slow start (apparently there was confusion as to which server was to be ours, so we were abandoned shortly after being seated) things improved considerably. Our server was very apologetic about the confusion and was extremely attentive for the duration of the meal. The food was good - our fresh oysters were nicely presented and of excellent quality. The entrees were beautifully presented and had a perfect balance of flavours and textures.. For dessert, we had a cheese plate and were able to choose from a variety of exceptional cheeses. Also impressive was the list of ports and sherries that were offered. The cheese option is a delightful alternative for those who do not enjoy sweet desserts. If you choose to go, I definitely recommend reservations. We were there for an early seating but the restaurant filled up quickly and there were quite a few people waiting by the time we left. I definitely recommend and hope to visit West again very soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Visited West with our out of town guests and we were all impressed with the menu, the food and the service, We hadn't been for a couple of years and now I wished we had been sooner. A really great restaurant! I won't let months pass until my next visit.

1  Thank Skye757
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It had been just over a year since I was here and I was not disappointed. The service and food continues to be excellent. again, my food allergies were taken seriously, not just by the kitchen staff, but our server made sure and reminded me not to take any food off the plates of my fellow diners. A very nice and pleasant evening out. Don't know why I waited so long to return.