“Great place to lunch with clients.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Water Street Cafe

Water Street Cafe
Ranked #72 of 3,706 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Canadian, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Gastown
Langley City, Canada
“Great place to lunch with clients.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Whether it's a fare of light pasta or a traditional meat dish this venue will not disappoint. And a delicious caesar salad with a good selection of wines. My party was very impressed! Lunch time can be noisy so carefully select your table if with clients.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Dougy200

• Korean first
Victoria, Bc
“Great dining in Gastown!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Hello folks, Happy New Year to you all!

To bring in the New year my youngest daughter and I decided to spend a weekend in Vancouver not only to visit my oldest daughter but to do some "dining around town" in a city with a diversity of restaurants almost any where one looks. We wanted a special restaurant as we were celebrating my older daughter's belated birthday so ambiance was important to us. Needless today, we liked the look of the Water Street cafe with it's dark wood surroundings, quaint space, beautiful high ceilings, and spiral staircase. As we entered we were greeting by a young, friendly man who invited us to sit any where we pleased. The tables were beautifully set with fine linen, cutlery, and dishes. The menu offered a daily special, a variety of appetizers, with mains of pasta, meat, and seafood dishes. My youngest and I have an appetite for calamari so we decided to order this starter. We were surprised at the large size of it and were delighted that is was cooked to perfection in a light air crust. My oldest ordered their main chicken dish which was served with a variety of fresh veggies--- baby carrots, acorn squash and baby potatoes. I was offered a bite and was pleased with the tenderness of the chicken and the taste of the herbs it was coated in, As for myself, I ordered the beef tenderloin medallions which was served with a pasta in a creamy mushroom sauce. All I can say was "delicious". My youngest ordered the crab cakes which were accompanied by the same veggies and was a some brown wild rice. The crab cakes were moist, tastey with a bit of a crunchy crust. I must say the portions were very large compared to some other fine dining places where I've eaten. To finish our meal we shared a flourer less chocolate cake which was to die for. Even though we were full we ate every bite. We were thankful to the staff who came out and sang "happy birthday" which brought a smile to my girl's face.

Overall, we would come back to this pleasant dining establishment. The ambiance was wonderful, the food was great, and the staff was very attentive. We felt like we were special people treated in a special way. We would highly recommend this restaurant and can hardly wait to return. Thanks to the staff at the Water Street Cafe.............see you again!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank EED1
Woodend, Australia
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I have not been to the Water St Cafe in a few years and went there because it used to be good. Our visit yesterday was not consistent with previous visits. We ordered two salmon, one was so raw it made my wife sick and mine was so over cooked it was dry and tasteless. Doubt I'll bother going back.

Surrey, Canada
“Would visit again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

I've walked by this place many times when strolling around Gastown, but decided to pop in the other night for a late dinner and a glass of wine. We ordered only off the appies menu and liked everything that we tried. I think the oysters were a little over sauced but they were still good. I would like to see a hot and cold choice for the oysters since there is just a hot dish that we saw right now. The crab cakes were excellent as was the carpaccio. I'd definitely suggest leaving room for dessert, because we split an eggnog cheesecake slice and it was huge! I think if we were going to go back, we would probably either go to try some of the pasta entrees, or possibly just for wine and dessert. The service was decent and the atmosphere was nice overall. It was quiet at the time that we visited, with the exception of a table on the other side of the restaurant that was full and quite loud. I don't know if it's somewhere I would visit in the summer, but it's a great spot to escape the winter cold.
See you again Water St Café...

• Visited December 2013
Langley, BC
“Just a quick lunch.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Dropped in to this busy little place for a quick bowl of seafood chowder on a freezing day in Vancouver. The chowder was sensational (and the cappuccino was also excellent!) We will definitely be back to sample more of their fare at dinner some day soon. Service was good. It is a bustling place at lunch!

• Visited December 2013