“Delicious food in a great location”
Review of Water Street Cafe

Water Street Cafe
Ranked #139 of 4,013 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gastown
Description: Committed to Quality... Our culinary team works with local suppliers to bring in the freshest of products to showcase the best that BC has to offer. What every small restaurant ought to be: a commitment to quality, service and value that keeps our customers coming back time and time again. Creating true guest connection and the best hospitality experience in Vancouver. a Vancouver landmark since 1988 Across from the steam clock in the heart of historic Gastown, our stone-clad heritage building, the Edward Hotel, has stood since 1906 amongst the cobble stone streets in the oldest neighborhood in Vancouver. Our restaurant has been featured in movies, television shows, and numerous dining guides. Join us for Brunch, Lunch, Dinner or your next private event. We look forward to hosting you!
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I decided to stop in for a light lunch, whilst walking through Gastown and was very glad that I did. It was pretty busy, but I was seated immediately, at a table by the window, where I could watch the people outside strolling by. There was a good selection for lunch options - soups, salads and starters. Lots of other patrons were going for a bigger meal and again, there was lots of choice. My soup and salad were delicious and just the size I needed, but watching the other meals being served, you could have lots more to fill you up, if you wanted. Everything that I saw looked delicious and the staff was friendly and attentive. I'll be back there again, soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had a table by the window where we could observe the pedestrian traffic and the steam clock. The menu offered many choices. I had bruschetta (to share)' a fabulous green salad with candied pecans and light balsamic dressing, and clam pasta. Each and every thing was perfectly prepared and served. My husband had the same salad and pasta with Italian sausage. His was outstand-
Ing also. The wine list was varied and reasonably priced. Service was impeccable.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Never been disappointed here. And according to neighbouring tables, only good comments heard.
1 major issue, don't even look at Trip Advisor's menu prices! Everything way up. Veal stated as $18 now $23 and short ribs @ $20 now $26. The wife started with soup of the day & I had seafood chowder, both very good. Wife's veal excellent & my short ribs very good. Mashed potatoes - not very good. Grilled veggies very nicely done.Nice portions & no room for dessert.
Outdoor seating Summer only, too cool now. Excellent Gastown location for tourists. Across from Steam Clock

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Lovely seafood for an early dinner with attentive service. Good location in Gastown. Feature dishes were good value and well presented

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Good food, excellent ambiance and service. Had not booked but were found a table with. Minimum delay. Menu gave plenty of choice.One of our best meals in 3 weeks in Canada.