“Eating with allergies” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lupo Restaurant

Lupo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lupo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 3,490 Restaurants in Vancouver
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Between Robson & Smithe
Transit: Near Skytrain and bus routes
Description: Modern Italian cooking emphasizing quality and value. Lupo Restaurant located at the entrance to Vancouver’s famous Yaletown area. Theatres, Concert and sporting venues all within a short walk.
“Eating with allergies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our waiter Chris was outstanding. He was concerned and tuned into my gluten (celiac)dairy and soy free meal. He gave me options and my meal was delicious. There was a little glitch but, it was all good in the end. My husbands meal was also incredible..he can eat everything..and he did! I would definitely recommend it to anyone with allergy issues and also and especially to those who do not.
It was a cute, house like restaurant and it was fitting. It really did taste and feel like I was eating at my home..but, thankfully I didn't have to wash the dishes!

• Visited June 2013

Mission, BC
“Superior Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I went to Vancouver for an overnight stay to reconnect and get away from it all. We stayed at the Westin Grand on Robson St, and Lupo was within walking distance. We wanted a nicer restaurant that wasn't 'fast foodish' like what we have in the Fraser Valley where we live, but we didn't want to walk out paying 200 + either. My husband used to work as a Chef downtown, and we are a bit pickier than most people and take the time to pick where we are eating when it's for a special night out.

We went on a Monday night, and didn't have reservations. We walked in at 8pm (we worked in the day and drove down after, so it's later than we normally eat) . There was a beautiful chandelier upon entrance, dimmer lighting, and we found ourselves in a vintage home , that's been turned into a restaurant. Lupo is Italian, and upon seating we were asked our water preferences... I ordered a glass of Pinot Grigio and my husband just stuck with water. I had the feature of the evening, which was a Caprese salad, and I had a mushroom and chicken stuffed ravioli. My husband had a Lobster soup and a braised Lamb Shank for the main. The food, was, impeccable. My caprese salad had the largest ball of fresh boccocini -type cheese on it. It was so fresh that it was unlike anything I've eaten, (even in other upscale italian rest. in vancouver). It wasn't made in house, and I regret not asking them where they got it from. My ravioli was perfectly cooked, and the perfect amount of sauce, to pasta ratio. We didn't have dessert, as we had other arrangments, and we left feeling completely satisfied and spent $105 (without tip).
The ambiance definitly made the evening for us, as well as of course, the food.
The dim lighting, the soft speaking, the layout of the dining area and the PERFECT music :) tied everything together and complimented our evening superbly. My husband and I needed to reconnect and get away and we felt in this restaurant like we were the only two people there, even though there was a table two armlengths away with two people sitting at it and a table behind us.
We will definitly be back, and will be recommending this place to all our friends and family. Our experience was unique in the actual look and feel of your restaurant and the food was beyond our expecations. Thank you Lupo for creating an experience my husband and I will remember and cherish for a long time :)

• Visited June 2013
Port Moody
“Very Good Italian Restaurant For Theater Goers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The restaurant is very well situated. It worked well for us since we are in a theater group, and we were able to walk to the theater, which is a short distance from the restaurant. The interior of Lupo was comfortable and pleasant. We enjoyed the special theater menu which had a good selection. The food was delicious, and beautifully presented. The service was excellent, but our wine bill seemed a bit high in terms of value for money paid.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hong Kong, China
“Great and Real Italian Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We ordered Focaccia, Octopus Carpaccio, steelhead fish, Halibut and Apple Taglierini mushroom. Awesome dinner, didnt have room for dessert.

Great server and manager who greeted and chatted with you when we arrived as well as during the meal.

Will go back when we come back in town.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank B_Lam0910
The Netherlands
“Real Italian Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a wonderful restaurant in all aspects. When entering the venue it is a pleasant surprise. In contrast to the outside looks the inside is nicely done and has a pleasant atmosphere. The waiters pay attention to detail, although they do show up at the table just a little too much. The food is definetely at very high level. Having traveled in Italy very frequently, I must say this is a match to typical high level Italian restaurants. The antipasta are to die for, veal and lamb are prepared as they should be. Great tastes without any compromise. The accompanying wines are a tick to expensive in terms of value for money, but the selection of wines is beautiful. Something for everyones taste. Deserts are again a treat. Try the gelatos.

Visited June 2013