“Hidden Gem”
Review of Lupo Restaurant

Lupo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lupo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 3,951 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Between Robson & Smithe
Transit: Near Skytrain and bus routes
Description: Modern Italian cooking emphasizing quality and value. Lupo Restaurant located at the entrance to Vancouver’s famous Yaletown area. Theatres, Concert and sporting venues all within a short walk.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

First time diner here and will repeat! The food and service are first rate. You feel like you are dining in someone's home! Good wine selection that actually is reasonably priced (A rarity in Canada)! Started off with some great meatballs and followup with a great Steak. So sorry I had not known about this place!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The Lupo is easy to walk past from the outside however inside it is a very pretty old house converted into a restaurant. the food was interesting but simple, I had the evening special of ravioli.

We would happily got back there again. However I have only given it 4 stars as it just lacked something for me, not sure what but it wouldn't be my go to place. For me to have given it five I would want to go back there the next day for more. The restaurant atmosphere I feel would be better if you were in a group rather than as a couple but this may have been because we were tired.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Just arrived in Vancouver staying at the Westin Grand . I asked one of the staff at the desk in the lobby for a good Italian restaurant and she suggested Lupo. It is a short walk from the hotel to this charming old house converted into a memorable dining experience.
We were welcomed and made to feel at home the instant we walked through the doors. Our waiter, Sam, was both helpful and enthusiastic about the food we were about to enjoy. I can honestly say that it is some of the finest Italian food I have had in Canada.
Both the salads and the pastas were extraordinary. Presentation hinted at the tastes we were about to enjoy. Dessert was delicious as well. My only regret is that there were about five other entres I would have liked to try. Oh well, I guess we will just have to go back again before heading back to Toronto in four days.
Give Lupo a try and leave wanting to return soon.

1  Thank David K
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We were refered to this restaurant and found it to be very good. The food was very good and the service was the same. The old house it was in was cute but could use some fixing up and it smelt a little bit musty. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Nestled between some unremarkable grey buildings on the edge of Yaletown, I have walked past Lupo numerous times in the past, but never really thought of eating there.
Step inside one cool Saturday night revealed a warm main floor, very welcoming, and somewhat like being in a relatives living room. I should say a very packed living room on a Saturday night, filled with a mix of regulars and others all seeming to enjoy themselves.

We were seated at a small table for two and proceeded to navigate our way through a very selection of courses. For antipasti we had the salumi and prosciutto platter and the octopus carpaccio, both of which were very good, with the octopus being quite exceptional. For primi we ordered papadrelle with rabbit and gnocchi with pork cheeks. The gnocchi was the clear hit of the night, unctuous, beautifully textured and totally delicious. Secondi consisted of a lamb ossobucco and a short rib brasato, both great choices given the less than stellar weather the night we dined. For dolche, we shared a well made lemon tart.

Overall the food was excellent and some of the consistently best Italian food we've had in Vancouver. Especially considering it was prepared by an Argentinian chef! There is also a good selection of both new and old world wines by the bottle and glass, including a nice Chianti Classico Riserva and a decent Rosso Di Montepulciano.

An added touch to the evening was our waiter, who was not only attentive and helpful, but who is also a native Italian speaker, recently arrived from Sicily. This gave us a chance to practice our mediocre Italian throughout the night, much to the amusement of both him and no doubt some of the other diners!

Unlike some other higher end Italian dining establishments in town, there is never the slightest feeling of stuffiness or pretension at Lupo. It's a bright space with lots of energy, excellent food and a great place to go as a couple or to enjoy the company of friends.