“great food good price”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 27, 2013

B.B.Q. Pork and Stir Fry are fantastic. It was well made and very tasty. I frequent this join often and have never been dissapointed.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Victoria Chinese Restaurant located at Royal Centre in Vancouver is a long time choice location for dim sum for the downtown business crowd in Vancouver. Suitable for business lunches for 2 people or for large groups, the atmosphere is boistrous like a dim sum restaurant in Hong Kong. However the sound acoustics are so well that you can conduct conversations without having to raise your voice.

The restaurant has the standard items expected from a dim sum restaurant such as har gow (shrimp dumplings), shumai (pork dumplings), coeng fun (shrimp rice rolls) and char siu bau (steamed pork buns). All were great.

I liked the ordering was done via selection off a menu instead of the traditional rolling carts for a dim sum. As lunch time crowds typically know what we what for dim sum and our time is crunched this ordering method is the way to go.

All told the Victoria Chinese Restaurant will be a long time favorite for the downtown Vancouver business crowd.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Victoria Chinese Restaurant is hidden. I stumbled on it because I was looking for something better than McDonalds or Tim Horton’s for dinner and I was not about to pay 45 dollars plus for a meal, which is what I would have paid, at the hotel I was at. How I discovered it was at the lower level entrance where McD’s and Tim’s were at, I saw a sign for a food court and I just followed the signs. Of course, at 6:00 PM at night, all the small lunch places were closed but I saw Victoria’s.
This was on a Tuesday night and they were not real busy but the tables that were occupied were occupied by people of oriental decent and most seem to be speaking in an Asian tongue.
I ordered the Chicken and Nut (Chicken and Cashew nuts). Not a lot of sauce, real ginger, good mix of vegetables but what surprised me was the 2 dollar charge for the bowl of steamed rice. Overall, I thought it was very good and far superior to what I can find in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee area and most of New York (except the city in the China Town area).

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We were staying in the Hyatt and wanted a quick early dinner before an 8PM concert; downstairs was the Victoria - closer than "Chinatown." We went early [6PM] on a Saturday and there were only 4 other diners in the vast main room; by the time we left, 75 minutes later, it was packed. Having lived in Hong Kong for many years, I know my way around Cantonese cuisine and VIctoria's was "acceptable." It was pricier than the comparable meal would have been in Chinatown, but it was convenient, had a nice ambiance, and had an extensive menu. I was not disappoinyed in the food - it was authentic, quickly and well served. But it was not stunning. I was somewhat disappointed in the range of fresh seafood and the rather paltry selection vegetable dishes. But, we found three dishes that were enjoyable; with a couple of Tsingtao beers, the tab came to a bit over $50, quite fair for the experience. The servers were pleasant and really, really efficient.

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Authentic Cantonese food conveniently located in town. We had an excellent deep fried local fish and aubergine.