“Kitsilano Favourite delivering quality for over 20 years!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Topanga Cafe

Topanga Cafe
Ranked #584 of 3,705 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
London, England, United Kingdom
“Kitsilano Favourite delivering quality for over 20 years!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have been going to Topanga's since I was in highschool and the owner's daughter (previous owner now, I imagine) was in the same school as me. They have not changed at all, they still deliver quality, mexicali food that is super fresh and leaves you wanting more! Its now a family ritual each time we visit Vancouver and even if there's a small line, it's worth the wait. We purposely buy the salsa to go as it's second to none. I remember when I was younger the server was less than friendly...just his style and I would make it a goal to try and get him to smile! Now isn't that backwards! Anyways, just part of the charm! Love the place and you will too.

• Visited June 2012

Vancouver, BC
“So Disappointed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Checked this place out because of all the hype. The atmosphere is fun and lively but that's pretty much where the positives end. The margaritas were small and the strawberry was weak of flavor and tasted like bad syrup. The chips had that almost stale flavor. The salsa wasn't bad. For the entrees, the food came piled and overflowing on tiny little plates. It was actually unappetizing. The seasoning was on the bland side and the prawns were horribly over cooked and very fishy tasting. Overall, a terribly disappointing experience and we won't be going back.

2 Thank NDGVancouver_BC
Toronto, Canada
“Wet shrimp buritto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I am an avid fan of You Gotta Eat Here which is why we went to this little place in Kits.
We were really happy with the food, we were in Vancouver for 2 weeks and my only regret is that we didn't get to go twice.
The decor is nothing fancy and the margaritas come in tiny glasses with too much ice, but aside from that the food was great, the service was terrific and the prices were very reasonable.
I would most definitely go back.

• Visited August 2012
Nanaimo, Canada
“didn't live up to Food Network hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We ate here based on a show on the food network "You gotta eat here". Food was OK, but didn't wow us as hoped. The roasted peppers and tomato were a nice touch but we won't go out of our way to eat here again

Visited August 2012
North Vancouver, Canada
“Great Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

Really enjoyed our lunch today, food was tasty with good portions. If you like Mexican food this is the place.