“Such welcoming people”
Review of Tojo's Restaurant

Tojo's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tojo's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #373 of 3,897 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I felt like I was in Japan being welcomed and treated to a special dinner by Japanese people. We had the special Omakase dinner and although it was pricy the wonderful service from the staff made it all worthwhile. The food was very fresh and tasty although I must say I enjoyed the frst couple of dishes more than the later ones.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Now that I've experienced Tojo's, the bar for what' constitutes good sushi has moved upwards many notches. My only complaint is the cost. Having said that, the service was comfortably efficient & friendly, the menu---well, lots of choices that required a narrative reading & translation. Our family of 4 ordered a variety of dishes so I feel that we had a feel for the variety & quality. This restaurant is suitably decorated, i.e. the decor doesn't dominate the food, it enhances it.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This place is so overrated!! And extremely expensive. I have tried it twice( friends paying) and wasn't that impressed. I am very fussy when it comes to sushi..it has to be fresh.. it was here but I've been to 2 other sushi bars in the vicinity of Tojo's and the sushi was just as fresh and the cost was 1/3 the price. Why bother going there? Oh I get it ... you may run into someone famous.. oh now I get it! Not..Will never spend my hard earned cash for over priced sushi in that place.

It is not the best sushi in Vancouver... by far..

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had heard nothing but positive reviews of Tojo's, so when I got an invite to dine there, I was expecting some good sushi. Our group had a set menu [although the staff did check first and made allowances for folks like me who had special requests, i.e. "no raw fish, thanks"] and the sushi was only the appetizer. The sushi was quite possibly the best I have ever had. The next courses arrived, each at a comfortable pace from attentive wait staff, and all of them were unique and very tasty...and ingeniously presented.

This place is a must try...

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had heard that is the best japanese in town...yes it is.
We drank a sake that we just have there.
The ambience, very special including a geisha serving us.
Special menu, 5 courses.
Very exensive but high quality.