“Fish House never disappoints”
Review of The Fish House In Stanley Park - CLOSED

The Fish House In Stanley Park
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Stanley Park
Cross street: Lagoon Dr. and the tennis courts
Transit: Davie & Denman: The 5, the 6, the C21 and the C23 Vancouver Trolley courtesy stop at Stanley Park Dr & Lagoon Dr
Description: Among the spectacular gardens of Stanley Park sits the historic Fish House restaurant. Relax and dine in our Fresh and Casual concept featuring exceptional seafood, freshly shucked oysters or indulge in our Mixed Grill. Sit back with a micro-brewed beer, a glass of wine from our award-winning wine list or enjoy a seasonal, specialized martini. For private events we have three distinct rooms, two of which feature patios opening onto the scenic natural beauty of Stanley Park. Whether it is a boutique wedding, corporate party or business meeting, the Fish House caters to your needs and wishes!As of May 2013, we are proud to announce that we are one of the few seafood restaurants in Vancouver to be 100% Ocean Wise™
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Bought a Groupon for a seafood tasting menu. Food was fantastic and service was great. Love the ambiance of the old building as well!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Michael H, Manager at The Fish House In Stanley Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Thanks for the review, SRF159! Glad to see that you enjoyed our Chef's five-course tasting menu. Be sure to check in with us often to see when he launches his next tasting menu!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

The service was attentive and far above average. The food was served hot and tasty and in a timely fashion. We had enough time that we didn't feel rushed between courses. We just sat back, sipped our wine, enjoyed the ambiance and had a fabulous meal. The really great thing about this restaurant is that the tables aren't really close together so you don't feel like you are dining on top of your neighbours.

Wow, thanks for the review, travellers014! Great to hear that we provide an outstanding dining experience.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Consistently excellent food and service to match.
The food is fresh and of very good quality.

I have been there in the past and the food and service are consistent

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Thanks for the review, Don P! We welcome your next visit with us.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I've reviewed this place before,I am sure of it,but a recent comment card I submitted to them after a birthday dinner there with my mum has lead them to ask me to write my review on Trip Advisor for them.

Mum loves the place,she's 76. It's close to both our homes,the interior decor is nice, Stanley Park is fantastic. We can walk there in 5 minutes from home. The food has improved a lot sice Karen Barnaby left with her platefulls of too salty kale as the side vegetable on seemingly every dish I ever had there over the past 2 decades. The servers are nice,ours this time,Jennifer I think, was very sweet to us. The biggest ,most obvious downfall here is the welcome or lack thereof at the door by the "host". Read: we were totally ignored while we stood in front of him for at least 5 minutes while he crunched over the telephone ...no quick look up and acknowledge us, no nothing. We had early dinner reservations and only 2 other tables were occupied so he wasn't busy. Surely greeting his guests and setting the stage so to speak for our birthday meal was important? Guess not.
Worst thing is,even after my comments on the comment card,they still weren't addressed after the fact. Odd. I think he was actually the manager,not the host. Tall,very tall guy,bald,wearing a grey sweater. I watched him durng my meal as he sat at a table within sight of our table....he sat a lot,so I don't know what his role was but it made me feel quite unimportant when we came in for a nice meal only to stand there...and stand there ...and stand there...waiting for him to acknowledge us and give us a seat somewhere. Very poor hosting. Did I mention my mum was 76? Anyway that's The Fish House.

Michael H, Manager at The Fish House In Stanley Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thanks for taking the time for a second review, Foodyguru! I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our food, service and your Mum's celebratory meal. I'm sorry to hear about your greeting with your Mum during your last visit. Please accept our apologies. I will follow-up with our service team and remind our team of our service standards, including proper greetings for our guests.

Feel free to contact me directly at mhaack@silverbirchhotels.com about any upcoming reservations with us.

Seasons Greetings, and we hope to see you back to enjoy some of our holiday menus before the New Year!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Last week we had the 5 course sampler meal on Groupon. I was a little apprehensive knowing that Karen Barnaby has left, but need not have worried. The new Chef is great. The food was spectacular, the restaurant was festive and the staff attentive. We came away very satisfied. This restaurant is one of my favourites and we always try to dine here at Christmas because there is no where else that tops the Fish House for ambience. Relaxing in front of the open fire amidst tasteful decorations, traditional furnishings and not having to put up with intrusive holiday music always makes the dinner special. We like to come in the summer too when there is alfresco dining on the terrace. Generally outstanding in all respects. Did I mention that they almost always have some kind of special meal deal happening?

Thanks for the review, DianaHaynes! Really pleased to be part of your Christmas dining traditions! Wishing you all the best in the New Year!