“A great birthday brunch!”
Review of The Fish House In Stanley Park - CLOSED

The Fish House In Stanley Park
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Stanley Park
Cross street: Lagoon Dr. and the tennis courts
Transit: Davie & Denman: The 5, the 6, the C21 and the C23 Vancouver Trolley courtesy stop at Stanley Park Dr & Lagoon Dr
Description: Among the spectacular gardens of Stanley Park sits the historic Fish House restaurant. Relax and dine in our Fresh and Casual concept featuring exceptional seafood, freshly shucked oysters or indulge in our Mixed Grill. Sit back with a micro-brewed beer, a glass of wine from our award-winning wine list or enjoy a seasonal, specialized martini. For private events we have three distinct rooms, two of which feature patios opening onto the scenic natural beauty of Stanley Park. Whether it is a boutique wedding, corporate party or business meeting, the Fish House caters to your needs and wishes!As of May 2013, we are proud to announce that we are one of the few seafood restaurants in Vancouver to be 100% Ocean Wise™
Coquitlam, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great birthday brunch!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had a great birthday brunch, my mom and cousin had crab cakes that were delightfully light not full of fillers as crab cakes can be, (I had a taste), I had an omelette that was not too salty not too rich again just melt in your mouth. The staff were friendly and when they found out it was my birthday they gave me a free dessert.
Just a relaxing time for my parents to connect with a cousin they had not met in a long while!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

1 Thank Ruth K
Michael H, Manager at The Fish House In Stanley Park, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thanks for the review, inmfs!

Happy birthday! Glad to see that your birthday was a special occasion.

Lethbridge
“Fantastic fish”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was recently visiting friends in Vancouver and they suggested we went to The Fish House for dinner. It lived up to my expectations and the other reviews. The breadbasket was a great way to start, especially with the lobster oil for dipping. For an appetizer, I started with the scallop tartare and sunchoke chips. It was absolutely delicious and the chips went with the scallops perfectly. My main was the butter poached halbut and crispy polenta. Again, perfectly cooked, well seasoned and a great dish all round. To go with this, we had a couple of pitchers of local beer and a great view of Stanley Park. It is a tad on the pricey side, but the food and location are worth it. The only downside is that the parking fees in Stanley Park are getting exorbitant, but if you want to enjoy the wine or beer there, you should probably take a cab, walk or bike anyhow.

• Visited September 2013
Michael H, Manager at The Fish House In Stanley Park, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thanks for the review, Bonasa!

Our parking lot is owned and prices are set by the City. Winter parking rates are now in effect in Stanley Park: $2/hour up to a maximum of $5/day. Our designated lot is free after 6pm. Parking isn't as expensive here as it is downtown. Happy dining!
Arkansas
“Return visit met expectations for special event”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I visited the Fish House from out of town 3 months ago with colleagues, and brought my husband back for our 20th anniversary. As requested, they seated us promptly on the veranda with Jennifer as our server. They even printed a special "Happy Anniversary" card for us; simple gesture but rather nice. They treated us with an amuse bouche of buschetta; we then had the Dungeness crab cakes as an appetizer. They also brought bread with lobster oil (they're very proud of it, but I couldn't really find anything lobster-y about it). We shared the Seafood Platter for 2, beautifully arranged, that included brochettes of prawns and scallops, Alaskan king crab, ahi tuna, grilled salmon, and vegetables. All perfectly cooked. After all that healthy food, I figured something decadent was appropriate so I had the Sticky Toffee pudding which is really toffee topping poured on top of vanilla ice cream - very good. With two beers and a bottle of wine, our bill came to over $200, but I figured that's only $10/year for 20 years of marriage so it was worth it! A lovely September evening enjoying the greenery of Stanley Park and the seafood of the Pacific. (The only down side to our visit is that Friday can be noisy, so perhaps a week night would be quieter.)

1 Thank lizardgrace
Thanks for the return visit, Lizardgrace. Just wanted to wish you a happy 20th anniversary, and many more!
DeWitt, New York
“Excellent seafood, nice setting”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

If you love seafood, this is a place you'll want to try. The dishes we had were fresh and flavorful, and the preparations were not the just the standard cookbook recipes you might find anywhere else, but showed a little creativity.

Yes, it is a bit expensive, so this isn't an every day kind of place, but for a special occasion it is a very good choice.

Visited September 2013
Thanks for the review, Joe! Glad you enjoyed Chef Curtis' culinary creations!
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My daughter and i had afternoon tea at the Fish House on a Sunday afternoon. The setting is beautiful and we had a window seat overlooking the park. It was very busy so we didn't really need to make the reservations. The food was really nice but it definitely is not lunch. We made the mistake of not eating lunch before we came, and we were a little hungry when we left. I didn't think the price was too expensive as I have had tea in Victoria for $30-45/person so $24/person wasn't too bad. I wouldn't go all the time, but it would be nice for a treat or for visitors.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

1 Thank Christine M
Thanks for the review, Christine M! Afternoon Tea is historically a lighter snack served in the late afternoon early evening. For those with voracious appetites (like me!), I'd recommend ordering our Salmon Trio to accompany the tea service, or something sweet off of our dessert menu as well! Happy dining!