“Consistently good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Fish House In Stanley Park - CLOSED

The Fish House In Stanley Park
8901 Stanley Park Dr, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Stanley Park)
+1 604-681-7275
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Soups, Gluten Free, American, Vegetarian, Grill, Canadian, Pacific Rim
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Stanley Park
Cross street: Lagoon Dr. and the tennis courts
Transit: Davie & Denman: The 5, the 6, the C21 and the C23 Vancouver Trolley courtesy stop at Stanley Park Dr & Lagoon Dr
Description: Among the spectacular gardens of Stanley Park sits the historic Fish House restaurant. Relax and dine in our Fresh and Casual concept featuring exceptional seafood, freshly shucked oysters or indulge in our Mixed Grill. Sit back with a micro-brewed beer, a glass of wine from our award-winning wine list or enjoy a seasonal, specialized martini. For private events we have three distinct rooms, two of which feature patios opening onto the scenic natural beauty of Stanley Park. Whether it is a boutique wedding, corporate party or business meeting, the Fish House caters to your needs and wishes!As of May 2013, we are proud to announce that we are one of the few seafood restaurants in Vancouver to be 100% Ocean Wise™
Thames, New Zealand
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Another great meal with superior seafood - no matter what you choose, you won't be disappointed. Service was excellent too!

• 4 of 5 stars
Michael H, Manager at The Fish House In Stanley Park, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thanks for your review, nzauregionaldirector! We'd love to have you back next time you're in Vancouver. Safe travels!

London
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Had the most delicious brunch here on Sunday! I had the crab cakes version of eggs benedict with a Mimosa, while I watched people playing tennis in the sun! I arrived after 4 hours of walking round Stanley Park. They were friendly and welcoming and gave me a great table outside (always a mark of a good restaurant I think is how they treat people eating on their own). Will be my first stop if I ever get to come back to Vancouver.

Visited June 2013
The Dungeness Crab Cake benedict is one of my favourites, too! Our crab cakes have always been a hit and our kitchen team wanted to make something innovative and fun. Glad you were able to enjoy it on the patio -- what a gorgeous Sunday afternoon we had! Thanks for taking the time to tell us.
Vancouver, Canada
“Very good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Dinner with 9 friends. Booked cellar room which was fun. We didnt have to worry about disturbing other diners. Great service despite being in the cellar. Food excellent. Recommend the platters if in a group. And what a great location. You sometimes forget how lucky your are to live here.

1 Thank mdjwales
Thanks for the review, mdjwales! We had a fun time with your group and we're glad you were able to enjoy our private dining room in the wine cellar.

You are spot on about the Hot Platter! It's great to order in groups so everyone can have a taste of our chef's culinary creations. Hope to see you soon!
Vancouver
“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I used to love this place in years past. You can't ask for a more beautiful setting. But once inside, things go downhill. At least that was our experience. The hostess led us past the two beautifully furnished rooms to the back room facing the tennis courts. We were the only guests in this large room void of any atmosphere. We started with a dozen oysters, recommended by the server, and they were fresh and delicious. At least there is nothing the kitchen can do wrong with fresh oysters. The mains were disappointing. Sablefish tasted sort of okay, but a strong fishy smell indicated lack of freshness. My halibut was below the quality of what I expected. I eat it often, prepared at home as well as in restaurants, so I know what it should taste like. This one was bland and with an unappetizing texture unlike any I had before. I asked the server if they mixed up my order and brought cod by mistake. He was shocked and said I can go check the kitchen myself to look at the halibut. In summary, neither the food nor the ambiance of our seating would motivate us to return. Disappointing experience at a steep price.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Hi Gulliver07, thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at The Fish House in Stanley Park. We're sorry to hear that our food and the atmosphere of our dining room did not meet the high quality and standards to which we strive to uphold.

Please call us directly so that we can discuss your experience in greater detail.
vancouver b.c. canada
“Lunch with a view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Had lunch at the Fish House in Stanley Park recently and really enjoyed it. It is a huge house with many outside seating areas and beautiful views of the park and tennis courts. It is an upscale restaurant but not fussy about attire like most of Vancouver's restaurants. I ordered the fish duo of the day which was sablefish(my favorite) and arctic char. Both were very tasty but the sablefish was outstanding. Like butter melting in your mouth. It was served with fresh asparagus, broccolini and roasted red pepper and roasted potatoes. I also tried their fresh squeezed lemonade which turned out to be the best I have ever had. Not too tart and not too sweet. Highly recommended! The waiter was very funny and the service overall was perfect.