“Very nice atmosphere and location”
Review of The Fish House In Stanley Park - CLOSED

The Fish House In Stanley Park
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Stanley Park
Cross street: Lagoon Dr. and the tennis courts
Transit: Davie & Denman: The 5, the 6, the C21 and the C23 Vancouver Trolley courtesy stop at Stanley Park Dr & Lagoon Dr
Description: Among the spectacular gardens of Stanley Park sits the historic Fish House restaurant. Relax and dine in our Fresh and Casual concept featuring exceptional seafood, freshly shucked oysters or indulge in our Mixed Grill. Sit back with a micro-brewed beer, a glass of wine from our award-winning wine list or enjoy a seasonal, specialized martini. For private events we have three distinct rooms, two of which feature patios opening onto the scenic natural beauty of Stanley Park. Whether it is a boutique wedding, corporate party or business meeting, the Fish House caters to your needs and wishes!As of May 2013, we are proud to announce that we are one of the few seafood restaurants in Vancouver to be 100% Ocean Wise™
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We have a very nice dinner at the Fish House. We ate at the 5 p.m. seating because we made our reservations late. The fish is very tasty. We especially like the way the server patiently explained the benefits of ordering different types of fish. The recommendations were all great. I had the arctic char and it was very, very good. Glad I ordered it.

There are newer reviews for The Fish House In Stanley Park

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Good service and seafood dishes served in a room that needs some updating. Was told via the internet and phone call that no reservations could be made until after 8:30 due to a private function. Upon arriving, a function was in progress but only took up half the restaurant leaving the other half virtually empty. Our waiter said a mistake had been made regarding reservations that night.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful relaxed Sunday lunch here during a recent 6-day visit to Vancouver. It was a pleasant early fall day with a clear blue sky and brilliant sunshine that filled the dining room with tree-filtered sunlight streaming through the large windows surrounding our table, which had a fresh linen table cloth and napkins. Service was attentive and thoughtful, we were never rushed or ignored during our meal. Brunch is served here on Sundays, but we chose to order from the regular lunch menu. We decided to share two fish dishes, one smoked black cod ($24) the other halibut ($22). Both were cooked perfectly and tasted delicious. Emphasis is clearly placed here on the freshness of the ingredients. We would have visited here again during our visit to Vancouver, but sadly their wasn't time. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the Stanley Park area of Vancouver.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My Husband and I dined for Sunday lunch in this restaurant with bright natural light streaming through the windows. On the weekends you can order from two extensive menus. Brunch, which consists of various benedicts, omelettes, or breakfasts. Or, from the regular lunch menu with a selection of fish, soups, or appetizers. We each chose a different fish to share (he, the halibut, me the smoked black cod). The lunch portion is 4oz, and the dinner, is 6oz.. Our entrees arrived in a timely fashion, and were fresh ,simply and perfectly prepared. This was one of our most satisfying dining experiences, which we topped off with exquisitely done double espressos.

Had we more time, I'd definitely have dined here again.
They also serve an afternoon tea from 2-4pm daily (tea, scones, home made sweets, and tea sandwiches)

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I went here for dessert with some people that were at the yacht club nearby. I had a tart, it was fine.