“Brickhouse!”

Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Edmonton, Canada
“Brickhouse!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stop by the Fairview Pub when Brickhouse is playing. Great local band. Many a fantastic night at the Brick. Fairview is a little bit like a smalltown that's sitting on a busy street in the big city.

Visited August 2012
4 Thank Joe P

Vancouver, Canada
“Disgusting!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We got invited for dinner and live music to this pub on Saturday, Sept 15. Upon arriving we were asked to buy a $5/person ticket, which we did. The place was full as the band was about to start. It took us a while to find an empty table (there were no waitresses helping us find a table), but there was only one chair. So we started looking for the second one. We asked a waitress and she told us to take an empty chair across the room. I ended up lugging it (no help provided) and finally sat down. Oddly enough there were a bunch of empty tables around with "reserved" tags on them. I got the impression that people were let in just to pay the cover and after they found nowhere to sit they were forced to stand around. I wasn't about to do that as I was hungry and I'm no horse to eat standing up! After painful 10-15 min of waiting the waitress finally arrived and asked us if we needed a menu and drinks. We ordered a mojito and were told that such drink does not exist at this pub. Odd. Well, we waited another 10 minutes for the menu. I went to the bathroom and that place had some unfinished business all over the stalls lol! At the end we got pretty tired of the dingy environment and the waiting and decided to leave before the band started playing - Wendy's across the street was the best thing ever after this experience!
The reason for this review is the fact that it rips people off with cover charges while providing no service or even chairs! While we were waiting for the menu, some guy came by and took my chair stating that it was his initially! Go figure......

• Visited September 2012
11 Thank Nedobryi_kot
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Poor veggie options and not great quality food”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The fact that I had a veggie burger says a lot about the veggie options on the menu. Veggie burgers can be done very well, with a range of ways to get good tasting meals. This was not the case - a fairly dry burger and disappointing fries. Nice local beer, but overall a disappointing experience. Service was ok. Order at the bar as in the UK, but wasn't expecting that in Vancouver.

• Visited September 2011
9 Thank MarkP39
Vancouver, Canada
“Thieves!”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I went to see a band at the Fairview only to find out the band was no longer playing. I had paid the cover charge and was never told about the cancellation. I asked the manager about the situation and he refused to give me a refund then kicked me out. I told him the my friends and I would never come back, to which he responded by saying 'good'. The drinks are over priced, the food is disgusting and the staff could really care less about the patrons. I will never go back. It's one thing to run a dive, it's another to simply steal money from people. You can take this for what it's worth: don't ever go here.

Visited September 2011
23 Thank anomicbomb
Fort Laramie, Wyoming
“Awesome jazz and crowd...un-awesome waitress”
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Loved the jazz trio--great music! And the dance floor. The door-person was nice, but the older blonde waitress was awful--way too slow and inattentive. If you like jazz, go on Thursdays nights for the music and jazz-loving crowd, but don't expect much in terms of service. Food was mediocre.

10 Thank JenniferM007