“Almost 30 years later..” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: West End
New Delhi, India
“Almost 30 years later..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I use to live in vancouver and use to hang out here.. and almost 30 years later it has not changed. even the waiters are still there.. just kidding.. but that said.. This place is fun no matter what time of the day you hang out here. The food is good but nothing to write home about. With that said. the company and service is great, that is as long as you are ready for almost anything being said to you!

• Visited January 2013

• Hebrew first
West Texas
“A ?!(&@/X Good Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

As far from unpretentious as you can get, the Elbow Room is an all-around great little diner. The food is big, hearty, and served with a side of major attitude that's all in good fun. I had the "Savory" breakfast, which was a gigantic pancake with bacon cooked inside. It was really tasty and filling. The server had a great time kidding with another couple and us about being Americans and then with a table of "hillbillies" from Alberta. It was all in good fun. Don't stop by here if you are thin-skinned and uptight. Otherwise, drop in for a filling and tasty meal.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank DocPsych
Melbourne
“Leave your bad mood at the door”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

A friend took me here and didn't tell me why he thought I may like it. The two owners are Patrick and Bryan. I usually never know who owns a cafe but these guys are so full of life you can't help but learn their names. Although Patrick has a mouth on him, he also knows when to back off. You'll see what I mean! The food is good, hearty, quality. They forgot our order and Patrick offered us a cocktail which we declined. Was a nice thought. Take an open minded friend here sometime. They will love it.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank dreamonixx
Melbourne, Australia
“Great value and fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My second time at the Elbow Room for breakfast and again it was an enjoyable experience, from reading the menu to the comments from the waiter - who by the way was run off his feet as he was the only one on duty on the Monday morning I was there.

Serves are a good size if not a little too large and the breakfast very enjoyable.

If anything the attitude of the guy serving was a little less abrupt than during my last visit to Vancouver, but nevertheless it was fun and it was the first time I have been told to leave a restaurant shortly after finishing my meal - but all in good fun.

If easily offended, maybe go somewhere else, but if you enjoy a little fun and banter - get along but no loitering - it's an eat and leave place.

• Visited June 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Over-rated...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I'd never heard of this place; colleagues brought me there for brunch and kept the whole experience a surprise. I did enjoy reading their menu, and laughed at the photos on the wall. The server quit serving us in the middle of our brunch, saying he had to go do his groceries. Whaaat? I guess that's part of the whole experience, but I wouldn't return. Food was so-so, there wasn't that much vegetarian choices, which surprised me! I don't think I would return, but I can see why people do.

• Visited May 2013