“Well, it was convenient.”

The Chelsea Restaurant
Ranked #1,586 of 4,254 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Canadian
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

Chelsea is in the basement of The Days Inn. It is a dated venue serving breakfast only. While the host and hostess were polite and attentive, the food was lackluster. The "hash browns" were without seasoning and quite bland.
This restaurant is convenient for the hotel guests who currently receive a 20% coupon upon check in. With so many other nearby options, I chose an alternative venue for my second breakfast.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were staying at the Days Inn which was located upstairs from this restaurant. We decided to grab breakfast at The Chelsea before starting our day. I don't remember exactly what I ordered, but it consisted of toast, hash browns, two eggs, and choice of two meats (bacon, sausage, or ham). I chose bacon only, my husband had the sausage and ham. We each added one pancake. I also ordered a coffee. The coffee was luke warm at best, and it didn't taste great. When the food arrived, I was equally disappointed. The best thing on the plate was the toast. NOTHING was seasoned. The hash browns were diced potatoes with no seasoning (not even salt). The flap jack wasn't fluffy, but it was edible. To top it all off, the decor was very outdated. At least the staff/owners were friendly. I'm sure there's better breakfast to be had in Vancouver.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed October 16, 2016

This is a somewhat depressing basement restaurant (no windows) below the Days Inn Vancouver Downtown that serves breakfast at a reduced rate for Days Inn patrons (20% off). Even then, I couldn't recommend this place. Although the meal I had of an omelette, hash browns and toast was just fine, the end price (including coffee) came out to be about $13 - a little hefty for an average product.

The staff were nice, but the server/manager only got around to filling my cup of coffee one additional time even though the place was barely busy when we were there.

The disappointing and surprising move by the manager to presume I would tip at 15% when she handed me the credit card reader (she literally had the card reader set to 15% when she handed me the reader and asked "15%?") sort of irked me as well.

Walk the extra 2 minutes to the Tim Horton's a stone's throw away or the Starbucks 2 blocks south of there if you want breakfast.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed June 12, 2016

The staff at this restaurant was awesome very accommodating in changing drinks out if you didn't care for the taste. Being right there to refill your coffee or tea water. They came around a couple times to see if all was good or if we needed anything else, brought the check along at just the right time. Another customer had left her phone on her seat the waitress found it and went running after to the customer to return it right away. Just wonderful staff and great food.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed March 2, 2016

Located in the basement of Day's Inn, this restaurant offers a good breakfast menu at reasonable prices - especially since you are downtown Vancouver. Friendly staff, coffee always topped up, quick service. Food was good. I ate there for 2 breakfast's while staying at the Day's Inn.

Date of visit: February 2016